All About That Base: My Current Base Makeup Routine



I've changed my base makeup routine numerous times in 2019. I went through work life and then university life, so it changed quite a bit because I was in different environments (but same levels of stress lol). Recently, I've stuck to this routine, which is mainly for an everyday school look.



Step 1: Sunscreen

I always apply sunscreen before makeup (#ProudofMyself). My 2019 favourite is the Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Geland it is definitely worth the investment.

Step 2: Primer

Yes, I know. In my posts from previous years, I've mentioned numerous times that I don't use primers. But around July this year, I decided to add a primer in my makeup routine - which I've no regrets doing. 

I desperately wanted my makeup to last longer in Singapore's weather, instead of just melting off the moment I step out of my house. I started using the Innisfree No Sebum Primer, which was a recommendation my friend gave. I remember scrutinising her face because her smooth complexion caught my attention, which made me want to get this primer even more.


This retails for SGD$17 for 25ml, and amazingly, it survived through roughly 6 months of daily usage. It is a green-tinted primer, which many have claimed has helped with colour correction. I don't really struggle with redness, so personally, I can't share my opinion on its colour correcting effectiveness.

But, this is an affordable primer which has become my go-to choice. Compared to other primers that I've used, my face becomes less oily than usual whenever I use this. 

Step 3: Foundation and Concealer


For concealer, I'm using the Saem Tip Concealer, which I used to absolutely love. Over the past few months, my opinion has changed. It's not the best for long-lasting coverage as it disappears quickly, even with primer or powder. For something more effective, I prefer the Medicube Red Concealer. But, I don't reach out for that concealer that often as it clogs my pores. 


For foundation, the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth formulation) is now my go-to. This foundation is popular here in Singapore, and I wanted to try it out for myself. It retails for SGD$19.90 in Watsons stores, making it one of the most affordable foundations I've seen around. 


I'm not a fan of foundations because I was always afraid it would be too cake-y or heavy on the skin. However, the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (Dewy+Smooth) surprised me as it feels super comfortable and hydrating on the skin. It has medium coverage and a dewy finish, where a little goes a long way. Since they have a variety of options available, I managed to find my shade. Moreover, it comes in a pump bottle, making it hygienic. This lasts for roughly 6 to 8 hours for me (even with primer and powder). 

Step 4: Powder


I tried out two powders this year. 

The first powder that I enjoyed this year was the Innisfree Blur powder, which retails for SGD$24. Compared to the normal Innisfree powder (which retails for SGD$10), this powder feels distinctively different on the skin. Once applied, this makes my skin feel super smooth - in fact, almost velvety smooth. It's a fine white powder that minimises the appearance of pores, and it is fragrance-free.  


Another face powder that I've tried is from ClearLast, which I purchased from Watsons and retails at $22.90. ClearLast is a Japanese brand and from my recent experiences with Japanese beauty products, I've can truly say that I'm amazed and they've won my trust.  

I chose the "acne-preventing" formula, which contains stearyl glycyrrhetinateThis powder is slightly cheaper than the Innisfree powder. Similar to the Innisfree powder, this smoothes out my skin and minimises the appearance of pores. It has high coverage and lasts for a few hours. Typically, I carry around the product with me for touch-ups. However, unlike the Innisfree powder, it is coloured, and it smells like typical peach-scented products.  

This has been my go-to powder and after much contemplation, I've decided that the ClearLast powder is my winner between the two. Side note, I love using the puff that they provided.


Thanks for reading and have a nice day :-)

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com

Comments

Popular Posts