Always Spring Ready: Cute Press Beautiful Airy Matte Cushion and Ultra Fine Matte Loose Powder Review

Cute Press has been a long time wishlist brand of mine. During the times I walk around Watsons, I'd always check out the Cute Press aisle and obsess about how cute the packaging is. Cute Press is a Thai beauty brand, and last year I visited their physical store during my trip to Thailand. I remember thinking about how everything - from the store layout to their products - were so cute. But, because I struggled with the language barrier between me and the salesperson, I only managed to purchase one item. 

But, all's good. Luckily for me, Cute Press is also available in Singapore. 


Imagine my excitement when Cute Press reached out to me to try out their April collection, which is the Airy Matte Cushion Foundation and the Long Lasting Ultra Fine Matte Loose Powder. Side disclaimer: these were gifted to me, but opinions stated are my own. 


Beautiful Airy Matte Foundation


I wasn't a fan of matte foundations, but my opinion swayed because of this cushion foundation. 

I'm amazed by how lightweight it feels on the skin because I expected it to feel quite heavy. In fact, it felt pretty comfortable on my skin. It provides high coverage and covers up my pores well with just a few dabs in the cushion pact. Despite the matte finish, this didn't feel drying on the skin at all. I'd recommend it to people with oily or normal combination skin. However, for those with dry skin and if you're looking for something more hydrating, this may not be the best option for you.

It comes with a puff and mirror
There are three shades available, which are Light Beige (01), Sand Beige (02) and Medium Beige(03). Undeniably, the shade range is quite limited since the shades are more suitable for people with a lighter skin tone. Hopefully, they'll come out with more shades in the future.

Taken from Watsons
A few months back, I altered the way I apply my foundation. This lowkey started after I bought the wrong shade of foundation. Using shades 01 and 03, I tried out my method with the Cute Press cushion foundations. (p.s. I have no clue if someone else already came up with this method)

Shades 01 and 03

I usually begin with the foundation that's my shade as my base. Next, I'll use the foundation that's slightly darker as a contour. This quickly became my favourite method as it gives off a more natural finished look, and great news - the Cute Press foundation works well with this method. 

This is available in Watsons for SGD$38.90, which puts it in the middle price range. I think the price is alright, especially for the coverage. It comes with a mirror, making it convenient for on-the-go touch ups. 

Long Lasting Beautiful Ultra Fine Matte Loose Powder
I was pleasantly surprised by this powder. It instantly smoothens out and brightens up my look. Its super fine texture leaves my face feeling super soft - almost similar to the Innisfree Pore Blur Powder.


For 15g of product, it retails for SGD$20.90 which is the cost of most drugstore face powders based on what I've used before. Furthermore, this contains tomato extract and cranberry extract to nourish your skin. 



Overall:
The two are definitely worth a try. 


My favourite out of the two was the Airy Matte Cushion Foundation. I loved the coverage. Compared to many cushion foundations I've tried, the coverage from this cushion is on another level. But, I do wish more shades were available. 

Also, the packaging is lovely. Both of them are super Instagram-worthy and will stand out in your makeup bag. 

Stay safe and stay home (if you can). 
Thanks for reading. 

**Products were gifted, but opinions stated are my own. 

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
Tik Tok: @matchaslushie
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com

Comments

Popular Posts