Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Battle: Skincare Gel vs Skincare Milk

This battle was bound to happen. 

Since 2019, I've been a loyal fan of Anessa. Before I made my purchase, it was always my wishlist-item; the price always stopped me *cries in broke*. This changed when my university camps started. Knowing that I was going to spend several days under the scorching Singapore sun, I decided that it was officially time to invest in a good sunscreen.


Let's put it upfront: The biggest reason why I love Anessa is because I've seen its effectiveness. While everyone else was getting sunburned during my camps, my skin remained protected. I was literally the only person in my camp group who escaped the repercussions of Singapore's sun. 

What's more, I was convinced by a mothership article; a cosmetic inspector tested out different sunscreens simultaneously and Anessa topped as one of the most effective sunscreens. Bestie, the pictures don't lie. 

About Anessa's Perfect UV Sunscreens:
Anessa is a Japanese skincare brand under popular brand Shiseido. Among their products, the Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreens are well-acclaimed and highly ranked. In fact, these sunscreens ranked first place for many years. These sunscreens serve dual functions of protecting both the face and the body, where they formulated with SPF50+ AND PA++++.


The outstanding feature of these sunscreens is that they are formulated with an Aqua Booster EX Technology. 

This technology strengthens the UV protection properties of the sunscreen when exposed to water or sweat. For someone living in Singapore, or generally hot and humid countries, this feature comes in useful. I'm sure many of you understand the irritation when your face is practically melting the moment you step out of the house. Luckily, I'll know that my sunscreen is able to survive through that. At the same time, it is waterproof but removes easily with cleansers. 


Taken from Skincarisma.com



Comparisons:
Application and Texture: 

The biggest difference between the two is their texture. From the name, skincare milk suggests a runny, milky texture. Indeed, the sunscreen looks like milk when you're applying it. 

The milk version is catered towards people with dry skin. However, it is oily when applied and I get oilier quicker during the day. Since I've recommended Anessa to a few close friends and family, I'll typically let them try out both versions. I've noticed a tendency for people trying this out for the first time to express their dislike towards the oily and runny texture. It also applies easily because of its watery texture, but surprisingly, when it has settled into the skin, it gives a very smooth and soft finish. Perhaps it's because this version contains silicone. 

If you're interested in the milk sunscreen, don't forget to shake it before using it.

Perfect UV Skincare Milk

On the other hand, the gel version has a gel texture similar to many other sunscreens. This feels very cooling when applied and leaves a dewy finish. For people with combination or oily skin, I'd recommend the gel version. The gel version is slightly oily, but not as oily as the milk version.

Perfect UV Skincare Gel

Both sunscreens apply really well, while staying lightweight and hydrating to the skin. They have little white cast. Moreover, I find that they sit well under makeup, particularly the Perfect UV Skincare Milk. 

Scent:
These have a scent that quickly dissipates after a while. Between the two, the milk version has a milder scent. 


Price:
They are pretty pricey. Some of you are probably comparing these sunscreens to Sephora sunscreen prices. Yes, for a drugstore sunscreen, they are in the same price range making these lowkey expensive. But, I'd say that they are a worthy investment. 

The Skincare Milk costs SGD$41.90 and the Skincare Gel costs SGD$34.90. These are available in Watsons stores which thankfully, often have sales. I bought mine during a sale so the damage of my first Perfect UV Skincare Gel was roughly $27+. If you're interested in the Skincare Milk, they offer a set of three for SGD$89.90. 

I made my first purchase in August and this lasted till May with consistent use. But since work from home started, I'm using less product than before. Still, this bottle lasted me through camps, travels and everyday use (and yes, I do re-apply during the day).

Overall:
Personally, I'd stick to the gel version since it's friendlier to my wallet compared to the milk version. If you're looking for a more lightweight and moisturising sunscreen, the milk version would be a better option for you. 



But overall, these sunscreens are definitely worth a try. It's my everyday go-to choice that I trust, especially for Singapore's weather. 

Hope this review helps. 

Don't forget your sunscreen! Your skin will thank you for it in the future. 

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
Tik Tok: @strawburrislushie

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing the right skin care product can be overwhelming, but your post comparing skincare gels and serums is a great help. Thank you for the informative post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts