Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Gel Review

Looking for an effective water-resistant sunscreen? Fret no longer, I've found one that's great for Singapore's weather.


Anessa is a Japanese sunscreen that has ranked consistently as Japan's No. 1 for over 17 years. 

The first time I discovered this sunscreen was from @skin.dani 's Instagram post. Concurrently, there were many online reviews raving about the product — particularly this mothership article — and I really wanted  it. But I was hesitant since it is quite expensive compared to Korean sunscreens *cries in broke uni fees*.

This all changed when my university camps were approaching. Knowing that I had several camp activities lined up under the scorching Singapore sun, I decided it was time to invest in a good sunscreens. Lucky for me, I snagged this at a discounted price during a Watsons's sale. 

From what I've seen, the "milk" version seems to be a more popular choice, but I bought the gel version since it was slightly cheaper. Let's not forget: I'm still a broke university student with limited budget.




About the Anessa Sunscreen

Shiseido relaunched the Anessa Perfect UV sunscreen with more water-resistant capabilities in 2018. This was after Mr. Yosuke Ikebe's (the regional director of the Shiseido Asia Pacific Innovation centre) colleague was sunburnt in Bangladesh, despite wearing the sunscreen. 

The improved Anessa Sunscreen includes an Aqua Booster Technology that provides stronger sun protection when in contact with sweat or water. This makes it perfect for humid countries and outdoor activities. Additionally, the Anessa Perfect Sunscreen Skincare Gel has an SPF of 50+ and PA++++. 




My Thoughts:
Application:
Anessa stays true to its claims. 

The Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen applies smoothly with its lightweight texture. I love how there is absolutely no white cast. It feels hydrating and leaves a dewy look after application. 



my face is swollen from my wisdom tooth surgery lol
Scent: 
It contains fragrance, but the scent is not too overpowering, and that scent disappears after a while. 

Effectiveness:

I was wow-ed by this sunscreen during my camps. 

While my friends were getting sunburnt - especially during the beach day- this sunscreen served me well by protecting me against the sun. The effectiveness was way beyond what I had imagined. I managed to walk away from the two camps free from any sunburns. But disclaimer: I reapplied the sunscreen  frequently during the day.

Overall:


This sunscreen has reached HG status for me and it's worth the investment. Though it is pricey, it is one of the best sunscreens I've ever tried. I recommend this sunscreen especially for Singapore's weather — since it's both durable and effectively protects your skin against the sun. 

Although this contains alcohol and fragrance, it doesn't irritate my skin.

What's more, each bottle comes can last you for months. Despite my frequent (and generous) reapplication, it hasn't run out.  


Anessa Milk vs. Anessa Gel?
Read my review here.


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Related links
https://mothership.sg/2019/05/18-sunscreens-human-body/

Comments

Popular Posts