2019 Beauty Favourites Part 1 (Skincare, Haircare and Body)


It's time for that annual blog post where I talk about my favourites of the year. I failed (miserably) in posting my monthly favourites, but hopefully, this makes up for it. For my beauty favourites in this post, I've compiled my favourite skincare, haircare and body care.

Here's the list: 

Skincare


Anessa 
Perfect UV Sunscreen Gel
I've raved about this product non-stop ever since I started using it, but truly, this is one of the best sunscreens I've used. This sunscreen is absolutely perfect for Singapore's weather. Trust me when I say that this sunscreen effectively protects the skin. 

It doesn't have any white cast and it's comfortable on skin. Honestly, the only issue I have with it is the price. But, even though it has a high price tag, I think it's a worthy investment - especially if you're someone who's constantly exposed to the sun. 

Read my full review here.


Rooki Beauty*
Honey Matcha Cleansing Drops and Green Pulp Paste Masque
Check them out: https://rookibeauty.co


I've never tried local skincare brands until this year. Rooki Beauty has been one of my favourites - especially, their Honey Matcha Cleansing Drops. Don't get me wrong: I love all their products, and they all work great. 

Among the three products they have, the Honey Matcha Cleansing Drops stood out the most for me. It's one of my go-to cleansers this year, which is gentle and nourishing on the skin. Moreover, it instantly brightens the skin, giving my skin a radiant glow. It's definitely worth trying, albeit the not-so-wallet-friendly price.  

The Green Pulp Paste Masque is another product I've fallen in love with (yes, I fall in love with products a lot). I love how it feels on the skin, although I was thrown off the first time I used it because it started warming up. I'll be real: I freaked out the first time I tried it because I was scared that it was irritating my skin. But, no worries, it's supposed to do that. It's not an uncomfortable heat. In fact, the more I use it, the more amazing I find it to be (after I got used to it, of course). 

W.ant Skincare*
Beet This Honey Cleanser and Grapefruit Lip Saver
Check them out: https://www.wantskincare.com


W.ant Skincare is another local brand I've loved this year. Out of the products I've tried, I loved the Beet This Honey Cleanser and the Grapefruit Lip Saver.

The Beet This Honey Cleanser is a non-foaming cleanser. Though I was iffy about non-foaming cleansers at the start, I guarantee that this cleanses thoroughly in a gentle manner. The texture and smell are like honey - which can never be a bad thing. They recently changed the packaging, and I'm pleased about that because the previous design wasn't the best (it kept breaking easily). 


The Grapefruit Lip Saver is probably one of the best lip balms I've ever used. Hands down. 

It's nourishing lip balm that I would absolutely recommend for people with easily chapped lips. It was love at first use. I fell in love with the texture the first time I tried it out, which felt like it was melting on my lips. And the scent? oof. It reminds me of orange chocolates, which I love. 

Sand&Sky*
Australian Clay Mask


This only came into my skincare routine towards the end of December. Still, after using their Australian Pink Clay Mask a few times, I've decided I really like it - so much so that it has achieved worthiness to be on my 2019 favourites list.

It is a pore-refining mask where results are instantly visible after usage. I love that they provided a brush applicator that has been useful in achieving even application. My skin feels tightened after using this (in a good way of course), and I personally enjoy using this as a twice-a-week mask.  



Origins
Out of Trouble Mask


This mask continues to be my favourite after a year. 

It's my favourite mask from Origins that helps to calm down my skin in a hassle-free way. 
I love using it after school whenever my skin needs some rescuing. Typically, I'll apply it before doing work and it just stays on like that. I wouldn't advice you to leave it on for too long, because it can be quite drying after a while.

I made the investment to purchase the full product from Tangs this year, and it has managed to last me for several months. It's difficult to find it in Sephora, but it's always available at the Origins physical stores or Tangs

Bellflower*
Heartleaf Hottuynia and Azulene Calming Overnight Cream

  

Bellflower is a new brand, and they first reached out to me in February. I've seen this brand grow in the span of a few months, especially in the international community. Honestly, it's difficult not to fall in love with their products.

I absolutely loved the Heartleaf Houttuynia Treatment Serum and the Azulene Daily Calming Serum. Still, I only included the Heartleaf serum as it was my go-to in 2019. It was exciting to me as it the first houttuynia product I've used. It has a herby scent as it contains ingredients like rosemary leaf oil and Centella Asiatica. It's feels slightly oily on the skin, so I     usually apply this at night only.  

The Azulene Calming Overnight Cream is also a dream. I love its lilac colour, and it is a relatively new product. It contains ingredients like Centella Asiatica, Houttuynia extract and Aloe extract. It applies smoothly on the skin and typically, I apply it at night during my skincare routine.

Haircare
Toni&Guy Casual Sea Salt Spray


I'm not a hair care type of person, but the Toni&Guy Casual Sea Salt Spray definitely deserves some love. 

Typically, I apply this straight after bathing or when my hair is still slightly damp. I love how my hair looks whenever I use this spray. Once dry, my hair looks naturally softer and more volumised. I've noticed a difference whenever I use this compared to days I don't. It has a very subtle calming scent, which received praises from my friends who caught a sniff of it when I was spraying it. 
Body

Tory Burch Signature Gift set

Body Lotion

My mum gifted me the Tory Burch Signature Gift Set for Christmas this year, which included body lotion, perfume spray and rollerball. I love the whole set, and I've been reaching for it whenever I head out. It has a very gentle feminine smell that I am obsessed with. I don't typically use a lotion that often, but because this smells so good, I've been using it consistently.

That's it for my 2019 skincare, haircare and body care favourites. Keep your eyes peeled for my 2019 makeup favourites. 


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com


Comments

Popular Posts