Battle of the Blushers: Clinique Cheek Pop vs Milani Baked Blush

As a self-proclaimed blush aficionado, I'm constantly on the hunt for a good blush. I've tried and tested numerous blushes in the past few years, allowing me to discover the good and the bad, what I like and what I dislike. 


What I look for in a blush: easily blendable, pigmented and affordable. I often go for peachy and pink hues. However, there are times when I like to explore unique shades like yellow and orange. 

Today, I'm comparing two blushes: a drugstore blush and a premium blush. For the drugstore blush, we have the Milani Baked Blush. Meanwhile, I'm labelling the Clinique Cheek Pop as a premium blush since it's not necessarily a luxury brand, but it is more on the price-y side. 


About the blushes:



Milani Cosmetics is a cruelty-free American brand known for delivering quality products at an affordable price. I first started using the Milani Baked blush in 2017 and I've never regretted my purchase. In fact, my collection expanded over the years. 


Clinique, on the other hand, is popular for its skincare and it's Clinique Cheek Pop - an iconic blush amongst makeup enthusiasts. Clinique prides itself in using safe, effective and sustainable ingredients for happy skin. 


Comparisons:

Design

The Clinique Cheek Pop is instantly recognisable by its flower design. I remember how badly I wanted this blush because I was in love with how pretty it looks. 


If you think about it, the design will eventually disappear - which was what happened to mine. Plus, after breaking one of the two that I own, it doesn't seem that special to me anymore. However, it's definitely a statement piece to add to your makeup bag. 



The Milani Baked Blush is a classic dome-shaped blush packed in a gold casing that allows you to peek into the actual shade. Its case is bulkier than the Clinique Cheek Pop because it includes a mini mirror and brush in a separate section. Don't be surprise if the imprinted name fades and/or the packaging peels. This happened to most of my Milani blushes since I usually pack them in my bag. 



Verdict: The Clinique Cheek Pop wins this round. 


Pigmentation

As a soft blush, the Clinique Cheek Pop creates a gentle, buildable blush look. The first few swatches are usually light and sheer. The Milani Baked Blush instantly brings colour to the cheeks even with a light hand. 



I tested these blushers side-by-side for two consecutive days and was pretty surprised by the results. Even after a full day under the sun with a mask, these blushers performed really well. They did fade, but the colors still remained visible on my cheeks.


Verdict: For me, the Milani Baked Blush is a sure win in this round.  


Price

Milani is available in Watsons stores and I'll usually find online retailers. On average, the Milani Baked Blush usually retails from SGD13-17.35. However, depending on where you purchase, the shade range varies. 


On the other hand, the Clinique Cheek Pop is SGD$40 in Sephora. Ouch for my wallet *cries in broke*. But luckily, I managed to snag these at an offer last year because I bought them at duty-free.



Verdict: My wallet prefers the Milani Baked Blush.


Ingredients

The first two ingredients for the Milani Baked Blush are mica and talc, which are not really popular among some beauty enthusiasts. But, I don't really have that much scientific knowledge on these ingredients so I can't say much about them. On the other hand, the Clinique Cheek Pop utilises cleaner and safer ingredients, but they do use mica as well.





Overall

Personally, the Milani Baked Blush is my winner because it hits my criteria for what I look in a blush. It's budget friendly and offers great pigmentation.



TLDR

  1. Milani is more affordable and pigmented.
  2. Both blushers are equally long-lasting.
  3. Clinique uses cleaner and safer ingredients.

Comments

  1. Izin promo ya Admin^^
    bosan tidak ada yang mau di kerjakan, mau di rumah saja suntuk,
    mau keluar tidak tahu mesti kemana, dari pada bingung
    mari bergabung dengan kami di ionqq^^com, permainan yang menarik
    ayo ditunggu apa lagi.. segera bergabung ya dengan kami...
    add Whatshapp : +85515373217 ^_~ :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts