Stay Home Favourites | Circuit Breaker

I started writing this post months ago, so this post is long overdue. Today, I'll be sharing my collective stay-home favourites. These are products I've used and loved over the past few months.I'll also be sharing a little bit on some dramas I've watched and love (obviously, IONTOB is one of them).  

Beauty Favourites:

Stridex Maximum 90 Pads

Hassle-free and effective, these pads have become a staple for me in fighting against acne. 



At the start of Circuit Breaker, my skin was constantly breaking out. I was highkey getting frustrated at the futile results of other products. However, after I started using these pads, I've noticed a hugeeeee difference. Within two weeks, my pimples started clearing up and I had lesser breakouts. 


I used to neglect exfoliating, but this makes the task of exfoliating a breeze.


The recommended usage is at three times a day. However, the concentration of salicylic acid is pretty strong, especially for new users or those with sensitive skin. Using it too often at the start can be drying and harsh for your skin.


I started slow by using only one pad daily and gradually increased to two. I'd recommend applying this at night or at least ensure you've applied sunscreen if you use it in the morning. Another thing to note is that you should pair this with a good moisturiser. If your skin is super dry and sensitive, just stick to one every few days. 


One final tip: Minimise the number of products you’re using. As a blogger, my skin has changed a lot from trying out so many products. I’d say that my skin is pretty much confused. If you’re using too many products, or you’re constantly switching the products that you use, I’d really recommend that you narrow down to just 1 to 3 products. Sometimes a skincare break is what your skin needs. 


Good Molecules Discoloration Correcting Serum



This (improved) serum promises to improve and correct uneven skin tone, texture, dullness and the appearance of pores. The star ingredients of this serum are Niacinamide (4%)  and Cetyl Tranxamate Mesylate (2%). This helps to brighten the skin and lighten those irritating acne scars that refuse to disappear. 


I was shooked by how transparent they are about the ingredient list. As part of their "Nothing to Hide" concept, they have included the percentages of each ingredient in this serum. Transparency aside, Good Molecules has embarked on sustainability plan while promising to maintain affordability. 


Tsubaki premium Moist Shampoo and conditioner*

This was my first time trying out Tsubaki's shampoo and conditioner, but they have become my new bathroom essentials. I'm not kidding when I say I fell in love with them at first use. 




I've been struggling with dry hair lately, and these came at the right time. My hair instantly felt softer and lighter.The premium moist shampoo and conditioner are suitable for dry and damaged hair. They contain ingredients like Royal Jelly, Soybean Protein, Camellia Oil and Squalane. To heal split ends, these contain dual amino acids. 



Blushedcos Lip Gloss

With the number of lip gloss brands appearing on my feed, I decided to try one of them out. They all look so pretty, so how could I pass it up? 



I bought a bundle set from @blushedcos and the shades really caught my attention. Out of the three, I love Amara the most, mainly because it comes in the squeeze tube packaging. The lip gloss quickly moisturises and many of their shades adds colour to my pale lips.  


I decided to join as an ambassador for their brand. Quote "matchaslushie" for 10% off all their products (which also includes the earrings from loopyfruppy). 


Cosrx Acne Patches

I love pairing this with the Stridex pads to tackle my breakouts.



I found a few local sellers on Shopee who sell each pack for less than SGD$4. It's not the cheapest option, considering overseas sellers sell them for roughly SGD$2.50 per pack. But, if you'd like to avoid overseas shipping for now, I'd recommend the local sellers. Typically, their price range begins fro SGD$3.50 onwards. 


Life Favourites

Shows:

It's okay to not be okay

By the time I upload this, the series would probably be completed. I'd highly recommend it as your next binge-worthy k-drama. 




Out of every show that I've seen Seo Ye Ji act in, I find this to be her best work ever. I loved the chemistry between her and Kim Soo-Hyun, especially with their intense gazes at each other. (Also, I just found out they used to date, and I don't know how to feel about that). 


Was it love? 


Is it just me, or does Song Ji Hyo always act as a really unlucky character in her recent shows? Anyways, I love the suspense of trying to find Ha Nee's real father is among the four guys and who she'll eventually end up with. Although.. I didn't really like the ending. Too cliché. 


Record of Youth

This is a new series, but I love it already. I didn't intend to watch this series, but it appeared on my feed. As soon as I started watching it, I was hooked. I don't know what it is, but the show feels refreshing. 



That's it all for all my favourites.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts