Reviewing My Lipstick Collection Part One

Today, I finally have the energy to tackle my lipstick collection. This is a continuation from my previous post where I reviewed my entire lip balm collection. As seen by the title, this is only part one because I decided to separate normal lipsticks from liquid lipsticks and lip tints. 


Innisfree Vivid Slimfit Tint

SGD$15



Straight off the bat, I don't like this lipstick at all. For people with dry lips, this is not for you. The first time I applied it, it left me with an impression that it was an old lipstick. It definitely wasn't the smoothest application. 

But it is pigmented, which is one good thing about it (I guess). 



The design is pretty unique, given that it is supposed to be "a slim lipstick". It could pass off as a highlighter or pen in a pencil case. But, there isn't that much product to it.  Considering each lipstick is 0.6g and costs SGD$15, it's not worth the purchase. 



Peripera Ink Airy Stick

SGD$18.90



Just like the Innisfree Slimfit Tint, the first application for the Peripera Ink Airy Stick wasn't the best. Sadly, mine was a little defective because the stick broke the very first time I opened it. Not only that, this has one of the stiffest rotating mechanism to get the lipstick out. I don't know if it's just mine, but it creaks every time I try getting the product out. 


In terms of application, I like this because of the soft and airy, yet full finish it gives. I bought the shade Bestie Pink which is a rosy pink with a hint of brown. It's definitely a very safe MLBB choice. This has a powdery, matte finish and leaves a slight stain. 


I bought this in JB last year when Peripera wasn't available in Singapore yet. But, good news: Peripera is already available in Singapore only in Watsons stores. 


Romand Zero Matte Lipstick

SGD$22.90


One thing that stands out and surprised me about this lipstick is how light it feels. Not in terms of texture, but the product in general. The packaging feels (yes, even the touch) really nice and smooth, while the overall look is chic and simple. 



I bought this after @darcie recommended it in her January Favourites video. They were pretty pricey in Guardian storesLuckily for me, I found a local seller on Shopee and I bought two shades for SGD$26.50. It's quite a steal considering that an individual lipstick is sold for SGD$22.90 in store. 


I bought the shades All That Jazz and Silhouette. All That Jazz is a popular shade. As the name suggests, these have a matte finish. 




BLK Cosmetics Velvet Lip Cream

PHP299 = SGD$8.31


loveeeeee these lipsticks. They are pigmented, moisturising and super comfortable on the lips. I'd give this an additional 10 points because out of every lipstick I own, the rotating mechanism of the packaging is the smoothest.  



Each lipstick is really affordable. The only downside is that I only buy these when I'm in the Philippines because their international shipping fee is sooo expensive. My favourite shades are Classy and Refined. They are pink shades that act well as everyday MLBB shades.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick

SGD$18.90


For some reason, Revlon lipsticks remind me of a mom-type of lipstick. Maybe it's cause I used to see my mom use Revlon lipsticks quite a lot? Or maybe it's because I don't really see people my age using it? But, I do like the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks. Since Revlon is available in drugstores like Watsons and Guardian, they are relatively wallet-friendly.  

 

They apply smoothly and give a glossy finish. While they offer a wide range of lipstick shades, the one that stood out the most to me is the shade softsilver rose. Generally, their shades are pigmented, but some of the lighter shades might be patchy during application.




 XOXO Makeup Semi-Matte Make Me Melt (Mini) Lipsticks

189 Baht = SGD$8.52



This gives a semi-matte finish, but it applies really smoothly. I bought the mini version, which makes these makeup bag friendly cause they don't take up a lot of space. 


A little late, but I finally found out that the brand is called XOXO Makeup. I found this during my Thailand trip, and I was instantly drawn to their aisle in Boots. Their products are really cute (actually, many Thai makeup brands have pretty packaging in general) and have a K-beauty packaging kinda vibe.




Overall: 

My favourites out of everything have got to be the BLK lipsticks and the XOXO Makeup Make Me Melt. Generally, I prefer lipsticks that are moisturising and comfortable on the lips, so I'm not really a fan of mattes. 


That's all for today's review. Thanks for reading!

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
Tik Tok: @matchaslushie
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com




Comments

Popular Posts