Reviewing My Lip Balm Collection

My initial idea was to review my entire lipstick collection. But, that would probably take up several blog posts. So today, I've decided to review my lip balm collection which is wayyyy more manageable. 



I started using lip balms after watching Youtubers talk about how many Baby Lips and EOS lip balms they carry in their bag. I never understood the hype around Baby Lips because my lips became increasingly dry and flaky with every use. Was I the only one who experienced this? Oddly enough, it was always and only Baby Lips.


But anyway, I love lip balms. 


They're much more comfortable and hydrating on the lips compared to lipsticks. I gravitate more towards tinted lip balms because this girl needs some colour on her lips.


*Reviews are arranged according to price.


Nivea X Line Friends Lip Balm

SGD$4.50



I feel like Nivea Lip Balms are the ones everyone would have tried out at least once. 


Nivea was one of the brands I've used secondary school because they're quite affordable. The one thing about Nivea lip balms is that I can never seem to finish them even when I try.


Their collaboration with Line Friends is *super* adorable. Can you tell I'm obsessed with the packaging? Being the sucker that I am for cute stuff, I went crazy when these were launched.


It has an added benefit of being a super cute accessory for your bag. However, I don't hang it like a keychain because, knowing me, it'll probably drop somewhere. I'll usually just keep it in the small compartment of my bag. 


I love all the scents but my favourites are the watermelon and strawberry-scented ones.Truth to be told, initially I didn't think I'd like the watermelon one. It was the most artificial-smelling one, but surprisingly, I ended up liking it a lot. All of them have a sweet scent and have a sheer tint to them. 



Among the four shades, the Blackberry Lip Shine is the most pigmented.  Both the Watermelon Lip Shine and Blackberry Lip Shine have a purple undertone, but the Watermelon Lip Shine is lighter. Meanwhile, the Strawberry Lip Shine and Peach Lip Shine have a pinkish undertone. As their names suggest, these give off a glossy finish.


Rating: 4.5/5. Mainly because of the price and packaging. 


Tony Moly Fruit Lip Balm (Apple and Blueberry)

SGD$5.18. But, I got the set at SGD$8.92




Currently, I've only tried out the Apple Fruit Lip Balm. But, based on reviews I've seen they're not the best for dry and chapped lips. In terms of moisturisation, it barely does anything. 

These are cute and would probably be a conversation starter. But, don't expect it to save your lips from peeling. 


Rating: 2/5. Cute, but not worth it. 


Tony Moly Panda's Dream Pocket Lip Balm

SGD$5.10





The packaging called out to me. Imagine carrying this like a keychain. 


It's pretty small and slim, which means it doesn't take up that much space in your bag and makeup bag - or even, a pencil case. While I love the packaging, it is pretty hard to close the product after use. 



This has a very sheer and glossy finish. It is slightly more moisturising than the Tony Moly Fruit Lip balmsBut, just like the Tony Moly Fruit Lip Balms, these are actually quite unhygienic since you have to use your finger to apply. 


Rating: 3.2/5


BLK Cosmetics Lip Duo

PHP379 (SGD10.50)



This lip duo came from their K-beauty collection. I've only tried out snowdrop, which includes a tinted lip balm and coconut flavoured lip scrub. For both versions of the lip duo, they come with a mirror. So, in terms of pricing, it's pretty worth it. 


The tinted lip balm has a brownish undertone and it's one of the more pigmented lip balms I've used. It's also super moisturising. If you're wondering, I haven't tried the lip scrub because I don't like coconut.


The packaging is cute, but it is pretty bulky if you wanna carry it around. 


Rating: 4/5. Value for money.


Etude House Cherry Sweet Lip Balm

SGD$12.90



One of my favourites in my entire collection, particularly because I love the shade BE101. BE101 is an MLBB shade and it looks pretty natural on the lips. This feels comfortable and instantly moisturises my lips. For the price, I find that it's worth it. 



Rating: 4.2/5. Super moisturising and worth it. 


Etude House Balm + Color Tint

Retail Price:??

Shopee Price: SGD$11.90 (Local sellers)



Out of the rest, this is the only one that has a matte finish. Technically, one side is supposed to be matte and the other is the "oil" side. But, because it gives a matte finish, it's definitely not the most moisturising. The shades are gorgeous together, giving me huge autumn vibes. 


I don't really like the packaging. It's similar to those chubby sticks and I don't like how it gets messy pretty easily. Also, I've cracked the cap. 


Rating: 3/5. I like the shade.


Innisfree My Lip Balm x Disney Toy Story

SGD16 



Did I really spend $16 on a lip balm? Yes, I did. I got the duo for SGD$28. Many people were telling me these lip balms were better than the Glossier lip balms.


These are really moisturising. But, for me, they leave a feeling that makes it noticeable that it's there. 




They have numerous shades available and are pretty moisturising on the lips. It gives a nice colour to the lips. The shade Wedding Peach Tea is my personal favourite, because it really smells like peaches. I don't really enjoy the applicator, but it's not something that I hate. 



Rating: 4/5. Expensive but worth it for those with dry lips.

Overall
Out of everything, my favourites are the Nivea Lip Balms, Etude House Cherry Sweet Lip Balms and Innisfree My Lip Balms. Coincidentally, their price range starts from the lowest, the middle and the most expensive. For those with dry and chapped lips, I'd recommend the Etude House Cherry Sweet and Innisfree My Lip Balm the most.

That's all for today's review. Thanks for reading!

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
Tik Tok: @matchaslushie
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com

Comments

  1. Meril Lip Gel like the one made by Square Toiletries Ltd should be made with 100 percent regular fixings. For this situation, the fundamental parts of the Meril lip gel are almond oil, vitamin e and soy wax. Three parts that are added to the characters of vanilla, coconut and banana which contain 0% liquor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts