Two Halves: Better Balance Soothing Hydration Essence

This month, the Two Halves Better Balance Soothing Hydration Essence has made its way into my skincare routine. 




What is Two Halves: 
It is my first time finding out about this brand, so I had to find out more about them. Two Halves is a vegan skincare brand created by a mother and daughter duo. At the moment, Two Halves only has one product - which is the Better Balance Soothing Hydration Essence. 


The Better Balance Soothing Hydration Essence
I'll admit, I was instantly drawn to the packaging. It simultaneously screams chic and aesthetic, which makes it stand out on my shelf. It comes with a pump which helps maintain the hygiene of using the product. It's pretty compact which means you could bring this with you during travels. 

This essence was developed and produced in Japanese laboratories. Two Halves also claims that it is lightweight, oil-free and has a pH of 6.0-6.5. This essence is vegan and free from sulfates, parabens, PEGs, mineral oils and fragrances.

Formulated with Sodium Hyaluronate and Trisodium Ascorbyl Palmitate Phosphate, this product delivers hydration and moisture to the skin, while protecting it from oxidants. 


Indeed, this essence is a water-based gel that is scentless and lightweight upon application. I's pretty watery and it sinks into the skin quickly, without leaving any tacky nor oily feeling. One or two pumps of this gel are enough for me. It's good for both day and night use.

Overall: 
This is an essence for quick hydration that is suitable for Singapore's hot and humid weather. Personally, I found this hydrating for my skin type. Its lightweight texture is good if you're layering the products, like makeup, on it. However, it's probably not the best for people with dry skin. I tried this out on a dry patch on my arm (which I recently discovered), and while it did feel hydrating, there was still a remnant dryness after application- perhaps, that would improve over time with consistent usage. 

Undeniably, this essence is pricey. It costs SGD$85 for 50ml, making it similar, in terms of price to other beauty brands available in Sephora. Personally, it's not a product I'd be able to repurchase unless I was working. But, if you do have a stable income, or you're not a broke student like me, this is a possible option for you - especially if you're looking for a vegan option. 


That's all for today's review. Thanks for reading. 

**This was gifted, but opinions stated are my own.

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
Tik Tok: @matchaslushie
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com

Comments

Popular Posts