K-Beauty Battle #9: Innisfree Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream vs Etude House Hydro Barrier Cream

You're probably looking for a new moisturiser.



Today, I'll be comparing the Innisfree Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream and the Etude House Soon Jung Hydro Barrier Cream. I'm a huge fan of both brands and I've decided to compare the two as they were released roughly during the same time. The struggle was real when these two products were released.  I was torn between which of the two I should get as they both looked and sound so good. 



When I first saw the Cherry Blossom collection from Innisfree, I was instantly obsessed. How could I resist when all the products in the collection are in pink?


The Innisfree Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream was the first to catch my attention as I was intrigued by its name. Innisfree claims that this jelly cream brightens and moisturises the skin. It contains ingredients like Betaine and Niacinamide. 

This is a lightweight gel that provides quick moisture onto the skin. It has a pleasant and subtle cherry blossom scent, which I'm still unsure if I'm a fan of. It has no sticky or tacky feeling after application, making it good for both day and night use. 


It feels moisturising on the skin - but, I wouldn't say it is the most moisturising products I've used as the hydrating feeling quickly disappeared. For SGD$31, I'd expect it to be long-lasting. I wouldn't recommend it for people with dry skin. However, the Cherry Blossom Cream feels much more refreshing on the skin. 

The Etude House Soon Jung collection is my all-time favourite skincare line. I highly recommend this collection. Because of my love for this skincare collection, I had to try out the Hydro Barrier Cream. Seeing the promotional photos and videos always made me excited for the release. 


You may be wondering, "what's so special about the Soon Jung line?". Well, this line is specially catered for people with sensitive skin, making their products absolutely gentle on the skin. The key ingredients in the Soon Jung collection are Madecassoside and Panthenol. The goodness doesn't stop there. The Soon Jung line is free from ingredients that can irritate your skin and are low in pH, which balances the pH of your skin. 


In the bottle, the Hydro Barrier Cream has a pudding-like texture. On the skin, it is lightweight and absorbs quickly. This cream is scentless. 


The Comparison:


In terms of texture and application, both creams are lightweight and leave no tacky nor oily feeling. Both are suitable for night and day application. However, the Etude House Hydro Barrier Cream feels more long-lasting than the Innisfree Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream.  

For ingredients, the Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream is a winner

The Hydro Barrier Cream is more suitable if you're looking for additional benefits of anti-ageing and skin recovery. The Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream is targeted towards extra benefits of skin brightening and anti-ageing. 

Infographics taken from Skincarisma
There are two downsides of the Hydro Barrier cream. Firstly, it has ingredients that can trigger fungal acne. Moreover, it's not the most suitable for people with oily skin, as the acids in this product, such as Palmitic acid and Stearic Acid, potentially clog pores. Additionally, it contains silicone, while the Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream does not. 

In terms of affordability, the Etude House Hydro Barrier Cream wins. Each bottle costs SGD$29 and contains 75ml of product. On the other hand, the Innisfree Cherry Blossom Jelly Cream costs SGD$31 for 50ml. However, you can always find more affordable options for both products online. 

Overall: 
For me, the Innisfree Cherry Blossom Cream is the winner, mainly because of the ingredients. It is slightly more expensive, considering it has a lesser amount of product in each bottle. However, this is always easily solved by looking for cheaper alternatives through online stores like Shopee. 

Although I did not enjoy the Hydro Barrier Cream as much, I do think other products from the Etude House Soon Jung collection are worth a try - such as the relief toner and all-in-one gel. 

That's all for today's review. Thanks for reading. 
Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
Tik Tok: @matchaslushie
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com

Comments

Popular Posts