Healthy Skin with Superfood Beauty: Rooki Beauty's Newest Serums Review


Rooki Beauty recently added some new serums to their collection (by recently, I mean it's probably been over a month because I'm slow). I'll admit, before they even launched the products, I was already excited by their little sneak peeks on Instagram. 



If you don't already know, I'm a massive fan of Rooki Beauty. I fell in love with the products from their first launch, which have become staples in my skincare routine. This year, they released three different serums formulated to address common skin struggles and concerns.

About the Brand

Rooki Beauty is a local brand (yay for #supportlocal), but their products are made in Japan.  They first launched last year and their products instantly became a big hit in the skincare community. Behind their popularity, a huge contributing factor is their choice of ingredients. Just take a look at their ingredient lists, and you'll understand what I mean. Overall, their products reflect the effort they’ve put in when formulating and designing the products.

Their products are formulated with superfoods and unique ingredients that I have never seen in other products. I loved all three products from their first launch. The product which won the top spot for me is their Honey Matcha Cleanser. Trust me, that cleanser is one of their products I would highly recommend if you're interested in checking their brand out. 


This year, Rooki Beauty released three new serums. They created these serums to correct the negative impacts of three lifestyle factors on our skin, which are 1) lack of sleep, 2) sun exposure and 3) pollution. To solve these issues, the newly released serums are: The Sun Eraser Glow Drops, the Circadian Fixer Hydro Drops and the Anti-pollution Nano Drops

The Sun Eraser Glow Drops
Product info here.

"Gently erases the cumulative effects of photo-ageing, which includes dark spots, dull skin, wrinkles and fine lines".


Sun eraser

The name alone got me hard because it’s exactly what I need. Especially in Singapore, the amount of sun exposure is just unbearable. Rooki Beauty claims that this is "your one-way ticket to youthful skin". If you're regularly exposed to the sun like me, this serum is for you.  

This serum is formulated with Starfruit, Royal Jelly and Apple Stem Cells, which was interesting to me. This is my first time trying out a product made with starfruit. Rooki Beauty claims that this removes the effects of sun damage by delaying and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, it brightens the skin and evens out the skin tone. 



Although I'm still young (I'm in my early twenties) and fine lines aren't an issue for me now, I enjoy incorporating this into my skincare routine. It's a personal preference for me as I want to start early when it comes to anti-ageing. I don't use this regularly, but I do use it after a day of being outside. It’s delightfully refreshing, lightweight and hydrating on the skin. 

The Anti-Pollution Nano Drops
Product info here.

"Banishes the toxic effects of pollution by eliminating free radicals from city dust, tobacco smoke and exhaust fumes."


The breakthrough molecular skin protector. When I found out this had peach juice, I was ecstatic. I love peaches a lot, and I love peach products (just had to put that out there AHAHA). 

This serum is perfect for you when you know the air outside is toxic af. Alternatively, this serum is for those want to protect their skin and strengthen their skin's barrier, especially if you're living in highly polluted areas. The superfoods in this serum are peach juice, argan oil, camelina oil and kudzu root. Their peaches are from the Yamanashi Prefecture, and Yamanashi is known for their grapes and, you guessed it, peaches. And don't worry - despite having oils formulated in this serum, this is not oily at all. 

Peaches are packed with antioxidants and vitamins, making sure your skin is protected and nourished. Moreover, another star ingredient of this serum, which is Kudzu Root, is a potent antioxidant known for skin purification and detox. 

The Circadian Fixer Hydro Drops
Product info here.

"A dream come through for anyone who just can't get enough of beauty sleep".


No sleep? No problem (but, do get some sleep though HAHA). 

However, this serum is the remedy your skin needs if it is acting up from sleepless nights.

This serum is formulated with Chardonnay Grapes and Deep Sea Energy (a rich combination of eight marine algae plants) to keep your skin hydrated and supple. Moreover, this contains Japanese Yuzu and Eight Miracle Herbs, such as Arnica, Centella and Japanese Knotweed

I find the use of Chardonnay Grapes unique. From what I've found, Chardonnay grapes are commonly used for wine. However, it is also known to protect and repair the skin by its healing properties. So, why not apply some of this serum while you're enjoying a glass of wine? 

Let's Talk About All Three Serums:
True to their claims, all these serums are as light as water

They are non-sticky and non-oily, making it perfect for both morning and night use. These absorb onto my skin quickly, and their lightweight consistency glides on the skin easily, making even application breezy. They leave my skin feeling hydrated and dewy for the rest of the day. 

I've been alternating among these three for the past few weeks, and I can't decide on a favourite. It really depends on what your main skin concerns are. In fact, you can combine the serums together as you like. 

Cons:
Again, just like their first three products, I think the only issue I'd have is the hefty price. Each of them cost SGD$68 for 30ml, which is definitely way above my budget for a serum. But, if you're willing to invest, these are worth it because they are packed with quality ingredients. 

Disclaimer: These were gifted but opinions are my own. 

That's all for my review. Thanks for reading.


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
Tik Tok: @matchaslushie
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com







Comments

Popular Posts