Thailand 2019 Beauty Haul

I had the chance to travel to Thailand for the holidays for the first time this year (well, last year, considering it's 2020 already). Before the trip, I was pretty excited to do some shopping (hence, the damage done lol). 

Thailand should be a beauty destination for all the beauty addicts. The number of beauty stores available in Thailand was quite overwhelming, and they have a number of brands I've never heard of in Singapore. Imagine my excitement. There were even makeup stores located inside train stations, which I've never seen in other countries I've visited. Of course, I managed to get some good finds. 


Vaseline
Fresh & Radiant Rice Water Gel


Vaseline is available in stores here in Singapore, but I've never seen these types of gels. I found this Fresh and Radiant Rice Water Gel in the boots, and it retails for THB99. This is  probably the cheapest product I bought in this haul. 


I've been using it for a while and I like it. It's very convenient to apply, and it feels really cooling on the skin. It does have a fragrance to it, but I don't hate it. 

Baby Bright
Baby Bright x Winnie the Pooh Lip Oil (Red Berry)


How adorable is this lip oil?

I've been eyeing a lip oil for some time, but I never got one until I saw this in stores. I've been using this quite often because my lips have gotten really dry. I would recommend applying it after using a lip scrub: best routine ever.


In the bottle, the bright pink makes it look like it would be bright and obvious on the lips. But, once applied, it's a sheer pink shade. It's wearable for a day look as it can pass off as a lip gloss. It feels comfortable on the lips - not overly sticky nor oily. 

Mistine
3D Brows Secret, Super Model Mascara and Super Balm Lip Glow


Obviously, I had to try some popular local brands. The popularity of Mistine is evident at the airport itself, with numerous advertisements displayed by this brand. Mistine is also readily available at many train platforms with their physical stores. Their products are quite affordable, where prices range below $15 when converted to SGD (in fact, most cost around $10). 

My favourite purchase is the Super Model Mascara, which I dare say is Heroine Make quality - but at a wayyyy lower price (I found it for SGD$7 on Shopee). One end is the mascara and the other is a fibre lash, which looks like I'm applying dust to my lashes.  It lengthens and amazingly, it lasts through Singapore's weather. Currently, I haven't had any smudging issues when I use this, and it's easier to remove compared to the Heroine Make mascara. 

The 3D Brows Secret is a 3-in-1 eyebrow product. It's an okay brow product, especially for the price. But, the grey shade has hints of blue sometimes. 

The last product I got from Mistine is their Boss Super Balm Lip Glow. I really wanted to buy their persona colour twist but, I couldn't find it anywhere. 


Clinique  
Cheek Pop (Shades: Melon Pop and Peach Pop)


We did some damage at Duty-Free. 

They had so many offers because it was Christmas season, and for the Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes, it was on "buy three get 15% off". I bought two shades for myself while my sister took the third blush. 

I've been eyeing Clinique blushes for the longest time, especially when a lot of influencers recommend them. Personally, I think they are alright. The blushers are really easy to control in terms of pigmentation, and the design is stunning. I appreciate the clear packaging, making it always picture perfect. However, in terms of affordability, I would prefer to buy a Milani blush. 




U*Star
U*Star x Frozen II Blusher



Yes, I know. I bought a few blushes this trip. Like do I even need this many? However, when I saw this at Watsons, and I just couldn't resist it. Plus, it was half off because of sales (yay justifications). They have quite a number of brands that's not found in Singapore, so if you are heading to Thailand, do check out their Watsons.


XOXO
Make Me Melt Semi-Matte Lipsticks (Shades: Good Vibes and Still Hating)




Again, I saw this in stores, and I couldn't resist. They were so cute. 

I found this in Boots, and I was instantly drawn to their display when I was looking for makeup. They have a very cute and aesthetic Korean-makeup kind of vibe. These are mini versions and they are super cute. Because they are minis, these can be easily brought around in your makeup bag. This brand is definitely worth checking out and I wish I had bought more to try. 

CutePress
GlowFit Blusher


I found a Cutepress physical store in the mall near the hotel I stayed at. I know Cutepress is available in Watsons, but I decided to buy this blush because it was part of a new collection.   Tbh, I only bought one item because the salesgirls didn't really understand me and I got tired trying to explain. But, at least I managed to get something because I didn't want to leave the store empty-handed. 

This blush costs THB295, which means it costs roughly SGD$13+. I'd bet that if I bought this in Singapore, it would retail for close to $20. 



But, let's not deny it - it's super pretty.  

Pika Pika
Sake Clear Illuminating Lotion


Saw this, wanted it and bought it. I'm not even going to try justifying this impulse purchase. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but definitely, I will try it soon. 


That's it for my Thailand Beauty Haul. Hope you've enjoyed and till the next post~
Check out my try-on earrings haul: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7AqzuRH_dZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com


Comments

Popular Posts