2019 Beauty Favourites Part 2 (Makeup)




Yay, I've finally gotten the time to finish up my 2019 favourites. This list took me some time to think about, but these items were truly my everyday go-to choices for the majority of 2019. I've mentioned these products numerous times (especially on my Instagram), so trust me: these are products that I highly recommend trying out. 


Heroine Make
Long and Curl Advanced Film Mascara

If you haven't tried this mascara out, believe me, you should. Immediately. 

I started using the Heroine Make Mascara in 2019, and it's probably one of the best purchases I've made. I absolutelyyy love it. This has achieved a worthy repurchase status ever since I first tried it out. It's one of those products you know you'll love for a really long time. This is a must-have for your makeup bag (particularly if you're searching for an excellent and affordable mascara. 


I highly recommend this mascara especially for Singapore's weather. If you're beginner, just skip the rest and start using this gem. 

For SGD$21.90, I think it's pretty reasonable and worth it, given the quality compared to other mascaras. It's great for lengthening the lashes, and it's super durable. Believe me, it stays on throughout the day and lasts without any smudges. Another plus point I'd give this mascara is that it is extremely waterproof, so trust me when I say it survives those sad scenes in the movies.

K-Palette 
1 Day Tattoo Real Strong 24 Hour Eyeliner (Waterproof)

I first tried out this eyeliner in October, and I don't know why I haven't found this gem earlier. I've tried out several eyeliners, and this is my favourite among all of them. 


Compared to other eyeliners I've used, this is the only one that stays on throughout the day.   Sadly, I've had eyeliners that fade off just 20 minutes after application (particularly because I have oily eyelids). Imagine my disappointment and frustration when I see my eyeliner gone after putting in so much effort to get that wing.

K-palette is a popular drugstore brand here, especially for their eyeliners. I was shopping in Watsons for my Heroine Make mascara, and lucky me, the K-palette eyeliners were on sale. So, I decided to give it a try. And, obviously, I can say that I've had absolutely no regrets. The normal retail price is around SGD$21.90. Because of the sale, I managed to get this eyeliner at roughly SGD$17+, which is a reasonable and worth it. 

It's easy to draw and great for precise application. It stays on well, which means I can avoid having unwanted panda eyes because of my oily eyelids. However, I do wish it was more pigmented. 

Maybelline
Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)


I've always wondered why this product receives so much hype - but, now I know. It's both affordable and provides good coverage. It glides on smoothly and this formula feels pretty lightweight, where it doesn't leave any uncomfortable cake-y feeling. Moreover, the wide range of shades available makes it easy for me to find my shade. 

They recently changed the bottle into a pump bottle design, making it more hygienic and also, prevents unnecessary spillage when I bring this product out with me. It retails for SGD$19.90, which is really affordable for a foundation. It's probably one of the cheapest I can find. 

Blk Cosmetics 
Highlight, Blush and Contour Palette (Sunkissed)
Check it out here.


BLK has been one of my go-to Filipino makeup brands. I make it a point to visit the BLK section in SM whenever I visit the Philippines. So, if you're heading to the Philippines, be sure to check this brand out.

 This palette has been one of my favourites, and I love the convenience of it. 


Whenever I bring around a makeup pouch (for travelling or school), this product is always inside. It's a 3-in-1 palette, but I use it for multiple reasons. 

My favourite out of the three is the highlighter because it's a gorgeous shade - almost rose gold. Apart from using the highlighter on my cheekbones and my brow bone, I enjoy applying the highlight in the inner corners of my eyes. The other two shades are also appropriate as eyeshadow shades, making it a multi-use palette. 


This palette is well-loved by me. I've been using this daily, and it's still pretty full. It's definitely worth the purchase.

Innisfree 
No Sebum Primer


I didn't really use primers until my friend introduced this beauty to me.

I noticed how smooth my friend's complexion was, and she recommended this primer. It's affordable and retails for SGD$17 in stores. This primer applies easily, leaving no uncomfortable feeling, and it helps my makeup last through the day.


Milani 
Baked Blushes


These blushes were my favourite since 2017. 

Since Milani is now available at Watsons stores, I've managed to repurchase these beauties. They are affordable, pigmented and the shades are absolutely beautiful. Definitely flattering for many skintones. My favourite shades are luminoso and rose d' oro, which have been my go-tos since I first tried this brand out

Daiso 
Makeup Brushes


I made a few trips to Daiso in 2019 and everytime I went there, I'd always find new goodies. I noticed that they released new brushes, and their Mickey Mouse collection caught my attention. Their brushes are actually really soft, and they work pretty well. I mean, for $2, what's there to complain?

That's it for my 2019 makeup favourites. In case you've missed it, I've also uploaded my skincare favourites here

Thanks for reading :-)


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com


Comments

Popular Posts