Herschel Settlement Mid-Volume Light Cameo Rose Review (My University Bag)



I ended school yesterday (yay) and what better way to celebrate than to write a review about the backpack I used? It's my first semester at university, and I bought this lovely pink backpack before school started because I became obsessed with this particular shade of pink. I saw a lot of students using Herschel and Kanken bags in school, and I've read a few reviews where they claim that the Herschel backpack is perfect for university. 

All along, I used the yellow Fjallraven Kanken backpack. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Kanken's style and design, but a major problem I had with it was the straps. As much as I love that backpack, it hurts my shoulders so much and it felt like the thin straps were constantly slicing through my shoulders. For school, the Kanken is not the best for your back and shoulders, especially if you're carrying a lot of books. Maybe for some, they'll be like "oh I carry my books and laptops on my hands anyway". But, I'm not here to buy a $120 backpack and end up carrying things on my hand instead of fully utilising the bag. 

I was looking for a backpack that had comfy straps, especially since I always put my laptop in my bag, while at the same time, still looking pretty fashionable. I'm not a black bag user because school is already gloomy, so I prefer using a light-coloured or vibrant backpack. I used to have the regular black Herschel backpack, and if I remember correctly, that version did not have a laptop sleeve inside. 

This backpack costs SGD$109.90, but I bought it when Zalora was having a sale. I forgot how much I ended up spending on this bag (I think I bought it at 45% off), but it is still cheaper than getting a Kanken. 


I love the colourIt looks pretty close to millennial pink, which goes well with many outfits. The inside is the classic red and white stripes that every Herschel backpack has. It also included the little earphone hole, but I don't use that since I no longer have wired earphones. I tried slotting in my charging cable once, and while it worked, removing it was difficult. Inside, there is a (13'') laptop sleeve section and a smallholder at the side, where I usually keep either my earphones or my house keys. Most of the time, the things I keep in there do not fall out, so it helps me find these things easily. This backpack also has a front pocket, where I usually slide in my EZ-link card and lip balms. 

Dimensions: 16.25"(H) x 11"(W) x 4.5"(D),17L
Height-wise, the backpack is roughly the same as the standard Herschel backpack. The inside is smaller (because it is mid-volume), but I can fit in several items (apart from my laptop and notes) like my makeup bag, pencil case and water bottle. (I only bring my makeup bag when I'm running late for school). But, I love this bag because no matter how heavy the bag gets, it's still comfortable to wear. 

Moreover, this bag has good support. It stays upright and does not become like a sad blob. However, I didn't like the fact that it only has one slider on the zip, which means I can only open the bag through one side. This is as struggle for me, because sometimes my bag is full and I have trouble retrieving stuff from the other side. 

This bag has been well-used by me if you can see the dirt on it. It's a comfortable and durable bag for school, with sufficient space for your laptop, books, pencil case and water bottle. The simple design goes well with many outfits as well. They do have a range of colours available. To add my personal style to it, I've added a few accessories from my bag and I bought some affordable cute pins from Shopee. 

TL;DR
- Comfy straps (my favourite feature tbh), which makes carrying the bag comfortable even when I'm carrying a lot of things.
- Pretty colour
- Space inside slightly smaller than the normal Herschel sizes (since it's mid-volume), but sufficient for school.
- I wish there were two sliders on the zip for the main compartment. 

Where to find? 
https://herschel.sg/shop/backpacks/settlement-backpack-mid-volume?v=10033-02996-OS


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com

Comments

Popular Posts