A Skin Update & What I'm Doing About My Breakouts | Skin Diaries

We're getting up close and personal with my skin today. 


It's been over a year since I uploaded my skincare progress blog post. Every time I see how my skin looked like before, I still can't believe it. 

Today (July 2019), I'm honestly struggling with my skin, and I was hesitant to post this. But, I decided to share this since this is also a part of my skincare progress. I didn't want to give people the false impression that I'm living with good skin all the time.
My skin has gone through many phases ever since my skincare progress post, and in recent months, my breakouts have been bad. I break out the most during the start of the month, which I suspect is because of PMS.


When I'm PMSing, my skin is the worst. After I took these photos, the next day, my skin broke out even more (the photos below were during my PMSing days).Yes, my PMSing skin isn't pretty, which sucks cause it lowers my self-esteem when I'm already feeling bad about myself.

But, I know my skin has changed because some of the products that my skin used to love before now give me an itchy sensation when I use them. Also, previously, I rarely broke out on my left cheek, but that has changed this year. 



I break out frequently in the area between (and around) my brows and my chin. For my forehead, I admit that getting bangs were also triggers for my breakouts around that area. Hence, for the next few weeks, I intend to keep my bangs clipped up. 


And as of today, I have some acne scars, which have been quite hard to remove. I realized I rarely exfoliate my skin now, which I feel is the reason I have quite a few blackheads. I guess I just stopped exfoliating because I over-exfoliated before. But, yes, exfoliating is necessary. Just don't commit my skincare sin of over-exfoliating because that really damaged my skin's barriers. 



For my personal diet, I would agree my skin had better days when I was eating healthier and less sugar. I know some people disagree that sugar intake has an impact on the skin, but for me, whenever I eat gummies and chocolate, I always find a new pimple the next day. I think I'm going to have to reduce my bread (cause of the higher glucose levels from consuming too much carbohydrates) intake as well. I eat bread every day for breakfast, and I'm going to see if any changes occur. 



A few months ago, I read a few articles about acne worsened by excessive coffee intake. I am extremely guilty of this. I drink minimally 2 cups of black coffee (no sugar and milk) each day. I'm hesitant about going cold turkey for my coffee consumption because I have the worst migraines when I do not drink coffee. But, for now, I'll decrease my coffee intake *sobs*




And yea, that's my skin update. 

Everyone's skin is different, and this is just how my skin behaves.
Please don't come at me. I'm doing things that worked for me before. 


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com




Comments

Popular Posts