This Korean Brand Has Finally Landed In Singapore, and Here Are Some Of My Faves

Say hello to the new cute and aesthetic Korean skincare brand that is making its way to Singapore.



By Ecom will be available in Singapore from 20 June onwards, and I'm absolutely ready. The first time I ever saw this brand was on StyleKorean's website. But, this brand has been popping up on my Instagram feed, and I am obsessed with its cute packaging. 



By Ecom is a South Korean beauty brand launched by a Korean beauty content creator. So far, they only have two skincare lines, and as of today, they have around 22 products in total. I've heard of their skin care lines, which are the Pure Calming Series and the Honey Glow Series, primarily because of StyleKorean's review events. Additionally, By Ecom has created some hair products.




The Pure Calming skincare line focuses on low acidic pH levels that help to moisturize and calm sensitive skin. I've tried and tested five products from the Pure Calming Series, so here are my thoughts on it.

Pure Calming Bubble Cleanser

This is a weakly acidic 3-in-1 cleanser that claims to calm the skin, control sebum and maintain the skin's pH balance. It comes in a 150ml pump bottle that has a lovely shade of blue, which I am obsessed with. This cleanser contains notable ingredients like Glacier Water, Centella Asiatica Extract, Tea Tree Leaf Oil and other botanical extracts.
Sidenote: when it comes to foam cleansers, I love the convenience of a pump bottle because it comes out readily as foam. Yea, I know - I am that lazy. 




It smells strongly of Tea Tree. The foams of this cleanser feel denser than the Etude House Soon Jung Whip Cleanser. It's gentle on the face and doesn't feel stripping or drying at all. But even though I don't think it's drying, it's not a very hydrating cleanser for me. I'll say that it's more suitable for people with combination or oily skin. Just like all my other cleansers, I've been using this as my second step to double cleansing. Moreover, my mum also started using this cleanser as well. 




Ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Centella Asiatica Extract;Centella Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract;Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract;Glycyrrhiza Inflata Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract ;Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria)lower/Leaf Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Citric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Glacier Water, Ceramide NP, Oxygen, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol


Pure Calming First Water
The Pure Calming First Water is a weaky acidic toner, which is ideal for the skin's pH levels. It contains 80% of Glacier Water, as well as other beneficial ingredients such as Centella Asiatica extract, chamomile flower/leaf extract, Portulaca oleracea and glyctrrhiza. Furthermore, this product is made up of 97% natural ingredients, and it is free from fragrance and artificial colouring.


It claims to have an immediate soothing effect and replenishes moisture on the skin. 

This product is clear of alcohol, colouring and fragrance, which makes me want to use this for the 7-layer method. And that's precisely what I did. My skin felt cooled down and super hydrated by the third layer of the 7-layer process. It has no scent and feels super lightweight that's great for morning and night use. A good toner to apply on dry or oily skin types. This is also quite a big bottle (210ml), which should be able to last for several months.


Ingredients
Glacier Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Trehalose, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Borago Officinalis Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Water, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Protease, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Tropolone, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Citric Acid

Pure Calming Ampoule
The Pure Calming Ampoule comes after the toner, and this product is one of their best sellers. It is made up of several plant extracts, such as Centella Asiatica, Tea Tree and Portulaca. Additionally, it contains Hyaluronic acid to boost hydration even further.

Interestingly, this serum looks slightly blue in the bottle. But in the dropper, the serum is clear.




The first night I tried the serum out, I noticed a subtle smell. It wasn't an unpleasant smell, and it was not a fragrance (it's a smell I cannot describe). The scent disappears entirely after you apply it. 


It has quite a thin, runny texture that absorbs in my skin within one to two minutes. But damn, say hello to hydration nation when you combine both the toner and ampoule in your skincare regimen. My skin feels softer after applying it, and there's no greasy feeling. I would recommend using this before your base makeup for that hydrated glowy look.


EWG breakdown of the ingredient list:cosdna.com

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Pentylene Glycol, Polyglycerin-3, 1,2-Hexanediol, Alcohol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Juniperus Communis Fruit Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Borago Officinalis Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Pueraria Thunbergiana Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Soluble Collagen, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Hyaluronate, C12-14 Pareth-12, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ceramide NP, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Ethylhexylglycerin

Pure Calming Mask Pack
After the toner and serum, leave on the Pure Calming Mask Pack for deeper skincare treatment. This mask is rich in Houttuynia Cordata, Centella Asiatica and Portulaca extract. It claims to soothe the skin quickly. Each box comes with seven masks. 


I was intrigued when I saw it contains Houttuynia Cordata. Previously, I never really saw products promoting this ingredient, and in fact, I only began using products with Houttuynia Cordata this year. This ingredient is supposedly a great detoxing agent that has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and promotes healthy skin.



The material of the mask itself feels quite thin but carries so much essence in it. For most of the masks I've used from other brands, their essence is always quite thick and goopy-like. Interestingly enough, this essence of this mask is watery. I made quite a mess the first time I used it because the essence was leaking off the mask, and I ended up rubbing the excess on my hands and legs. And guess what? I noticed that it absorbed quickly, leaving no stickiness. 




On the first day that I tried this mask out, I noticed how well it kept my skin hydrated. I wore the mask in the morning before heading out in the afternoon (where I spent my day in an airconditioned place). A few hours later, my face still felt soft and hydrated. 

This mask fits nicely and initially, at first impression, I was afraid it was too small, but it fit my whole face. I walked around to test how well it would stay on my face, and I was glad that there was minimal sliding from this mask. I get annoyed when a face mask slides off my face too much, but this passed the test. 


Most brands recommend leaving the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes (this mask pack as well) as the masks can dry up and hurt your skin instead, if you leave it on for too long. However, I did try to leave this mask on for roughly 40 minutes. I noticed that it was starting to harden a bit, but overall, the mask remained moist.

I'd highly recommend this mask for people with dry skin. 


Ingredients
Aqua/Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Madecassoside, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria)lower/Leaf Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol,  Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Carbomer, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract; Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Arginine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract ;Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract,Disodium EDTA


Pure Calming Cica Cream

I was most excited to try out this cream. I absolutely fell in love with the sight that greeted me when I opened up this product. 

This cream contains Centella Asiatica (which is the very first ingredient in it's list), Madecassoside and Panthenol - all of which are great in dealing with anti-inflammation. As if these ingredients weren't enough, this cream also contains Azulene capsules that gently explode on the skin as you apply the product. I didn't notice the azulene capsules until I read the product information, but you can see the capsules in the jar.
This is a lightweight cream that has no oily residue. This cream is suitable (in fact recommended) for day and night usage. It honestly feels more gel-like rather than a cream.  There's a very subtle scent, similar to the ampoule, but it's not any sort of fragrance. This cream spreads easily, and I like wearing it under my makeup. I've been using products to help my skin prevent any irritation during the day, and this is one of the products I love to use. 


I wish this cream came with a spatula. (Seriously, why don't more brands provide a spatula anymore?) 


One more thing that I noticed about the ingredients list is that it is rich natural extracts. It caught my attention when I saw that it contains Algae Extract, which replenishes the skin with essentials and minerals, while conditioning, hydrating and softening the skin.




Just a little disclaimer: For some people, they may experience a slight tingling sensation after applying this cream. However, By Ecom promises that this cream does not contain any possible irritants. For me, I did not experience any tingly sensation.

EWG breakdown of the ingredient list: cosdna.com

Ingredients
Centella Asiatica Extract;Centella Extract, Glycerin, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Aqua/Water, Madecassoside, Algae Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Propolis Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Pteris Multifida Extract, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, sh-Polypeptide-19, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Gelatin, Butylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Panthenol, Cellulose Gum, Fructooligosaccharides, Beta-Glucan, Polyquaternium-51, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Guaiazulene, Sodium Phosphate, sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Polypeptide-1, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol

Overall:


Across all five products, I realized the ingredient lists uses similar botanical extracts. For those wondering, a skincare routine with just the cleanser, toner, ampoule and cream would suffice. I tried these three products in my routine, and it cooled my skin down. I'd highly(x10) recommend adding on the mask for that extra boost to treat your skin, especially on days your skin needs some TLC. 


My favourite products out of the four are the Pure Calming Cica Cream and the Pure Calming MaskLet me break it down for you why.



It hit me how I have a moisturizer obsession lately and without a doubt, I would say that the Cica cream has made it to one of my favourite creams to use. I'm obsessed with the texture and also the packaging. But, apart from just appearance, this cream is beneficial for the skin. It has the dual benefit of moisturizing and soothing your skin with its wonderful ingredient list that is EWG safe.

After trying out the mask, I would highly recommend it as well. I haven't always been the biggest fan of sheet masks (well, at least until I found my favourite Meditamin Snow Glow masks). But, I can safely say that these masks have won a place in my heart now. It really is a soothing and extremely hydrating mask. Use this mask on scorching hot days, or when you got really frustrated at work and you need some cooling stress relief lol. 

The Pure Calming Ampoule takes second place winner for me. I'm an absolute sucker for serums because they are so quick and easy to use. They provide instant hydration, and I always feel that they are doing more for my skin. This serum provides hydration to my skin, but I've also noticed that my skin has calmed down a lot. I would recommend this serum to people with dry skin because I find it very hydrating. However, it does contain alcohol, which many have been arguing whether it's harmful for the skin or not. So, whether you'll like this serum really depends on how you feel about products with alcohol.

I've used these products in my skincare routine for roughly over two weeks, and I'm glad to say my skin loves these products.

Check out By Ecom's Instagram to stay in the loop: @byecom_sg




Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Disclaimer: The products were sent to me by the brand. However, opinions stated are my own.


Ingredients were taken from
https://melonandstarfish.com/by-ecom-pure-calming-bubble-cleanser-150ml/
https://melonandstarfish.com/by-ecom-pure-calming-first-water-210ml/
https://melonandstarfish.com/by-ecom-pure-calming-ampoule-30ml/
https://melonandstarfish.com/by-ecom-pure-calming-mask-pack/
https://melonandstarfish.com/by-ecom-pure-calming-cica-cream-50ml/




Comments

Popular Posts