StyleKorean x About Me: Firming Up Mask and Collagen Lift Up Band Review


Recently, StyleKorean reached out to me to review these products which they will be adding on to their website. I've been using masks quite frequently this year so I was excited to try these out.

About About Me
ABOUT ME is the beauty brand of Samyang group that was founded in 1924. Their philosophy is "Different Ingredients, Different Results". They create products with 100 years of experiences, with the different industries they are working in, such as food production, chemistry, and biomedical.

Check out their products on StyleKorean's website.

Collagen Firming Up Mask
This is a collagen boosting mask, with anti-ageing properties, that helps to achieve smoother, supple skin. 

It is infused with 77% raw collagen imported from France, specifically from a company called Weishardt. I decided to dig further and I found out that Weishardt is a 178-year-old French Supplier of high-quality collagen product, who claims to be committed to sustainable business practices.



This mask has a Transdermal Delivery System which allows the ingredients to be delivered deep into the skin.  Apart from containing 77% of Collagen extract, it has 17 amino acids, four peptide complexes, Adenosine, Niacinamide and Damask Rose Water.

It is a two-piece mask, one for the upper half of your face and one for the bottom half. I thought that was pretty cool (even though it's not a new concept) as I've never tried out this type of mask before. The brand also claims that this mask helps to cool down your skin's temperature.

Thoughts:
The mask is light pink. The scent reminds me of Heimish's Bulgarian Rose Hydrogel Patches since it does contain damask rose water. I'm not a huge fan of rose scented products, but this mask was fine.

To be honest, it didn't fit nicely for me. I found the mask a little too big for my face, and there were quite a lot of air pockets. It has a jelly-like consistency, and parts of it began to tear when I tried to adjust it on my face. So, a word of caution: this mask breaks easily.



The first time I tried out the mask, I attempted to move around my house while wearing the mask. That was a terrible mistake. The bottom half of the mask keeps sliding off, especially the sides, even if I was sitting upright. The upper half remained still, which was intriguing. If you intend to use this mask, I'd suggest using it while you're laying down and watch some Netflix while you're at it.



It felt cooling on the skin, despite me leaving the masks in room temperature. My face was colder and supple afterwards. I left this mask on for roughly 20 minutes and at the end of it, I could tell that the essence were absorbed fully by my skin.

Collagen Lift Up Band
This Collagen Lift Up Band is a one-time usage band, and directions are to apply after your daily skincare routine. I've always been interested in trying out products that claim to help with the reduction of jawline (especially since it was a 2019 goal of mine). 



There is not that much description about it, perhaps because it's pretty straightforward. But, it does claim to deliver Collagen deep into the skin as it has the same TDS technology as the mask.



The first time I used it, I was hoping I applied the mask on correctly. The band is quite stretchy, but I didn't want this mask to tug onto my skin too much.

I followed the directions on the back of the box. It didn't feel like it was tugging my skin, and honestly, it felt like I put on a huge plaster on my face. It didn't hurt removing it at all. I did notice a small change after the first use, but for this to produce visible results, I would say it requires frequent usage.

Overall:
I preferred the Collagen Firming Up Mask. I just wish the mask didn't break and slip off so easily. But, it does hydrate the skin, and I always love jelly-like masks. Plus, for those looking for masks with anti-ageing properties, this would be a good mask to use while you're relaxing.


Thanks for reading.


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com


Disclaimer: These were sent from StyleKorean as they will be making these products available on their website. Opinions stated are my own. 




Comments

Popular Posts