May 2019 Favourites


I can't believe it's already June. To be honest, I've begun to lose track of which day it is of the week.  Since it's a new month, it's time for my monthly favourites.



You'll realize this month I didn't include any makeup favourites. Since I stayed at home for most of the days in May, I focused more on skincare. Also, I didn't try out any new makeup, and I've been using the makeup faves that I've mentioned before.


Purito Centella Green Level Sunscreen

I love the brand and its products, which are all EWG safe. This water-based sunscreen received a lot of praises online, all of which are well-deserved. The sunscreen contains notable ingredients like Centella Asiatica, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid and Tocopherol. It doesn't have any white cast, and it protects the skin while healing it at the same time. Read my full review here.




ByEcom Pure Calming Mask Pack and ByEcom Pure Calming Cica Cream



I wasn't a sheet mask type of person before, but this Pure Calming Mask has earned its place as one of my favourites. It's refreshing on the skin and highly hydrating. Plus, I didn't break out from using it, which is important because I've broken out from using sheet masks before, which was why I wasn't a fan of sheet masks.


I've also grown an obsession towards moisturizers, and this Pure Calming Cica Cream is an excellent lightweight cream to use. It contains Centella Asiatica, Madecassoside, Panthenol and Azulene Capsules. Typically, I apply this cream on twice a day. I like wearing this cream under my makeup, which allows my skin to stay moisturized the whole day, but more importantly, prevents my skin from getting easily agitated by the outside environment. I would also apply this in my normal skincare routine in the morning even if I'm not heading out.


A full review on the Pure Calming Series will be up soon ;)
RookiBeauty Superfood Saviour Creme and Honey Matcha Cleansing Drops



RookiBeauty launched recently this year. In case you didn't know, RookiBeauty is a local brand, and their products focus on superfoods to nourish the skin. They currently have three products and my favourites are the Superfood Saviour Creme, and Honey Matcha Cleansing Drops. (The Green Pulp Masque is good too, but I've been reaching out for the cream and cleanser more).


The Superfood Saviour Creme is a lovely moisturizer rich in superfoods and beneficial ingredients like Kale Extract, Lingonberry extract, Chia Seed Oil and Matcha Leaf Powder. I'm in love with the texture and it's a moisturizer suitable for Singapore's weather. 



The Honey Matcha Cleansing Drops (which btw, already got me with its name), is a gentle brightening cleanser. It doesn't dry out or strip my skins's moisture. It foams up nicely as I rub the cleanser between my hands and it's a great cleanser to use as part of my double cleansing routine.



psst, just in case you're interested to find out more, here's my review: Rooki Beauty Review



K-drama: Her Private Life
Initially, I didn't intend to watch this K-drama series. I thought that it would be similar to Secretary Kim because of Park Min Young's character, so I was afraid that it would be a major snoozefest for me. But nope, this show was funny, and I ended up liking it better than Secretary Kim.



MusicMen I Trust- Show Me How
I found this indie band because of Youtube Recommendations. Men I Trust is a Canadian Indie Electro-pop band, and I like their vibes in their music and music videos.
Find out more: https://menitrust.bandcamp.com.



Thanks for reading.




Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts