AprilSkin Perfect Magic Cover Fit Cushion 2.0 Review

Cushion foundations are pretty popular in the K-beauty scene. I'm not a fan of cushions as I fear contaminating the cushion. However, since it's a popular makeup product, I wanted to try out a few for myself. For my first cushion foundation ever, I decided to give the highly raved AprilSkin a chance. AprilSkin itself is also a well-known Korean makeup brand and their cushion foundations seem to be well-loved.  


If you're interested, AprilSkin is available in Guardian Stores. Luckily for me, I managed to get their cushion and eyeshadow set at a 50% discount during their Beauty Days Sale.

The AprilSkin Perfect Cover Fit 2.0 Cushion
According to AprilSkin, they claim that this cushion provides 24-hour long-lasting coverage (but really, who wears foundation for that long?) and hydration. This cushion is infused with hyaluronic acid and lotus flower extract to keep the skin moisturized. To deliver optimal hydration to the skin, the cushion contains 67% serum, which I managed to see by pressing down on one end of the metal plate. 


This cushion is one of their best sellers, based on the AprilSkin website (and everything on their best seller list is sold out). There is a Perfect Cover Fit 1.0 and Perfect Cover Fit 2.0, but after checking the AprilSkin website, I realized there isn't any change in the product information at all. The only visible difference is the change in design on the packaging. 




Thoughts:
Design:
This cushion has a slightly different design from other cushions. Once opened, it has a cool little design, which isn't explained by the brand. Perhaps this helps a bit with applying evenly, as well as providing better hygiene since there is lesser product exposed.




Application:
I don't have dry skin, but I feel that this cushion will be good for people with dry skin. It doesn't feel cakey. Instead, it's quite lightweight and I love how comfortable it feels on the skin. Upon application, it feels hydrating and cooling. Plus, it gives a nice little dewy and glowy finish. 
I'm using Shade 23

Coverage:
A lot of reviews praise the coverage, saying that it covers imperfections well. I beg to differ.

It's called a Perfect Cover Fit, but when it comes to covering imperfections, I need multiple layers to cover up. The first layer is always sheer. Sometimes, it's so sheer it, it leaves me wondering "why does this look like I haven't applied anything?".

I've been breaking out on my left cheek (which is pretty weird to me cause I always broke out on my right side and not my left), so I decided to put this cushion to the test. I don't think this covers my pimples that well. Even with several layers, there are occasions when using this alone does not suffice and I have to add on some concealer. 



Scent:
Smells pretty much like other cushions I've tried.

Durability:
I have mixed feelings about the durability.
A bit of background information, I live in Singapore, where it's hot and humid.

In May, there was a sunny day where I wore this cushion once to meet my dad for lunch and the first thing he asked me was, "why is your makeup so patchy today?" (and that was only after an hour of application). So, that day, I had to reapply the product and ever since then, I had the habit of bringing the cushion with me even though I hate touch-ups.

However, recently in June, it's been raining quite frequently. I applied this cushion in the morning, then I went for a medical examination, so I was in an aircon room most of the day, and I think it lasted quite well.  These pictures were taken roughly after 5 hours of the first application, with no touch-ups at all.

Overall: 
I don't hate it.
But, I'm not going to say say that I love it, just cause I'm not a fan of cushions. 

I don't apply primers, but I always apply sunscreen before I start doing my makeup. As I've said, it doesn't last very long for me on sunny days, probably cause I'd sweat it off. But, I don't think it's a bad cushion. It may last longer with a primer.

I would recommend it for people with dry skin because this cushion feels very hydrating. It feels nice to when applying it on (like it feels super cooling), plus, even with multiple layers, it does not feel cakey at all.

This cushion is SGD$39.90 in Guardian Stores. That's slightly expensive in my opinion, compared to other cushions like Etude House and Innisfree. If you're interested in trying this cushion out, I would recommend buying it during a sale (which happens quite often tbh).



Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts