There's a New Brand in Town, and I'm Obsessed: Rooki Beauty Review

By the time this post comes up, it'll probably be a few weeks after Rooki's launch. But better late than never. 



Rooki Beauty is a Singaporean skincare brand (#SupportLocal), and the products are made in Japan. They believe in high-performance superfood beauty, thus they have formulated their products with enriching superfoods to nourish your skin.  Rooki Beauty just launched this year, and currently, they have three products available. They offer international shipping on their website, rookibeauty.co/collections/all

Honey Matcha Cleansing Drops
Price: SGD$59
The Honey Matcha Cleansing Drops caught my attention because of matcha (duh). Rooki claims that this is a dual-action cleanser that cleanses and replenishes the skin. It is formulated with Honey, Chia Seeds, Uji Matcha, and a gold-standard Vitamin C derivative. It also contains Lactic Acid to  smoothen your complexion.


The cleanser comes in a pump bottle, and each bottle has 120ml of product. I expected this cleanser to be yellow because of the honey, but it actually has a light green tint to it. This cleanser feels gentle on the skin and doesn't give me the "squeaky clean" feeling (which is excellent). Typically, I use this as my second step to my double cleansing routine. 


Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Decyl Glucoside, Lauric Acid, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Vaccinium Vitis-Idaea (Lingonberry) Fruit Extract, Brassica Oleracea Acephala (Kale) Leaf Extract, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Matcha) Leaf Powder, Honey, Lactic Acid, Glycosyl Ceramide, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Acetyl Decapeptide-3, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Gardenia Florida (Cape Jasmine) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Alpha-Glucan, Cyclodextrin, Dimaltosyl Cyclodextrin, Maltose, Maltosyl Cyclodextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

Green Pulp Paste Masque
Price: SGD$64
 

The Green Pulp Paste Masque has a blend of five key plant complexes steeped in beneficial radical fighting anti-oxidants and phytonutrients. Out of the three, I was excited to try this the most because I love wash-off masks are a staple in my skincare routine. This mask supposedly gives an instant spa glow after using it. I've never ever gone to a spa before, but I’d agree that this gives my skin a radiant glow after use.


The mask comes in a squeezy tube, and it contains 65g of product. Initially, the mask is a translucent, green tinted, gel. Once applied and rubbed onto the skin, it becomes a creamy white paste. The texture reminds me of honey when applied as it is both thick and sticky. It doesn't harden and it’s recommended to be left on for roughly 10-15 minutes. 
This mask slowly begins to warm up once applied, but it's not like a painful burning sensation. I found that intriguing because I didn't expect the heat. In fact, I found it soothing and satisfying. The change in texture, on the other hand, threw me off guard the first time. To be honest, I thought that it was a cleanser because of the way it turns into a white paste.

As I've said, the product doesn't harden, and this does not dry out my skin. Instead, it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft. I typically use this whenever I just feel like masking. Wash-off masks are my go-to and this mask is my go-to whenever I feel like my skin needs some deep nourishment. Also, this mask contains matcha as well, which helps with soothing redness and reducing blemishes (literally what my skin needs nowadays).



Ingredients:

Glycerin, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Vaccinium Vitis-Idaea (Lingonberry) Fruit Extract, Brassica Oleracea Acephala (Kale) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Matcha) Leaf Powder, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Xanthan Gum, Cyclodextrin, Dimaltosyl Cyclodextrin, Maltose, Maltosyl Cyclodextrin, Phenoxyethanol

Superfood Saviour Creme
Price: SGD$79

Next, the most expensive item out of the three: the Superfood Saviour Creme. For SGD79, you’ll get 50ml worth of product.

This creme is a moisturiser infused with anti-oxidant Kale, resveratrol-rich Lingonberries and protein-packed Chia Seeds. This product is meant to moisturise the skin, as well as protect and regenerate cells. 



It has a herbal scent, which is not overpowering in any way. (update: it's been a few days since I uploaded this post and I now know what the scent reminds me of : an insect repellent candle my mum used to light up when I was a child).

The luscious texture of this moisturiser had me going “ DAYUMM”, and it’s a beauty to use for texture shots. Similar to my reaction when I first saw how it looks like, my initial thought after trying it out was basically "woah". 

It doesn't feel sticky on the skin, but for me, it takes a while for the product to sink into my skin. This is slightly thicker than some other moisturizers I've used. Fortunately, this does not leave my skin feeling greasy or clogged. 

It keeps my skin feeling moisturised, even after a few hours has gone by. Fun fact: Rooki has informed me that they wanted to create a moisturiser that was suitable for Singapore's weather. 


Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Squalane, Pentylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Diglycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polysorbate 60, Vaccinium Vitis-Idaea (Lingonberry) Fruit Extract, Brassica Oleracea Acephala (Kale) Leaf Extract, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Matcha) Leaf Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glucosyl Ceramide, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Ubiquinone, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alpha-Glucan, Cyclodextrin, Dimaltosyl Cyclodextrin, Maltose, Maltosyl Cyclodextrin, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol

Overall
These products are pretty pricey. For someone like me (since I'm still a student), it’s highly likely I’ll be unable to afford these and re-purchase them when they run out. 

But, I like how these work. I love the ingredients used, and I think the concept of using superfoods in skincare is fresh and exciting (maybe it's cause I've never used products that use superfoods). I enjoyed using all three products, and the product that calls out to me the most is the Superfood Saviour Creme. Yes, even though it is the most expensive out of the three products. But I love the texture and how it makes my skin feel. 


That's all for today's review. Thanks for reading :-)

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Related Link(s)
Product Information:
https://rookibeauty.co

**These were sent to me, but opinions stated are my own. 






Comments

Popular Posts