Centella, My Love: Purito Centella Green Level Safe Sunscreen Review

Sunscreen: Never forget it.



Needless to say, everyone needs to have a good SPF. I loved the Cosrx Aloe Sun Cream and Skin Aqua Tone Up UV Essence, but I wanted to explore other sunscreens to expand my list of favourites.



About Purito
The first time I heard about Purito was two years ago. At that time (and even till now), I would think of  "Burrito" when I read "Purito" lol. 

Purito is a cruelty-free Korean skincare brand that has gained popularity over its products, especially in recent years. Their products often pop up on my Instagram feed nowadays, compared to two years ago.


Purito emphasizes on delivering affordable, quality and trustworthy skincare. At the moment, majority of their products are skincare products, but they do have one makeup item, which is the Snail Clearing BB Cream. Unlike many K-Beauty brands, they do not focus on fancy designs. Instead, their products come in simple packaging, allowing them to produce more affordable skincare products. Purito's products are always EWG safe because they use clean ingredients: ingredients safe for the skin. 


What It Is
The Purito Centella Green Level Safe Sunscreen is a water-based chemical sunscreen that uses natural ingredients of EWG green level 1-2. Notable ingredients are Centella Asiatica Extract, Hyaluronic Acid and Tocopherol. It has an SPF of 50+ and PA++++. This sunscreen can be applied to both the face and body.

Image Source


Thoughts
Application:
The sunscreen has a slight yellow tint. It applies smoothly and for me, it sits well under makeup. There's no white cast, and I feel like this sunscreen would be suitable for that "glass-skin look". 
Scent:
This sunscreen has a noticeable (but not overpowering) herbal scent. It contains lavender oil and chamomile flower oil.

Ingredients
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dibutyl Adipate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Silica, Cetearyl Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopherol, Sorbitan Olivate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin 


Image Source


Overall


Typically, I apply sunscreen before I put on my makeup every morning. Sometimes I have a full skincare routine, but most times, I don't have the time (or energy), so I'll always make sure to at least put on sunscreen.



I usually wear makeup from 7.30am to 6.30pm (when I was working). I noticed that with this sunscreen, my face tends to look oilier around late in the afternoon. But, an easy fix to this, for me, is to use the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral powder.



It gives a hydrated glowy finish, definitely not a matte finish. If you want to achieve that dewy skin look, this could be the sunscreen for you. 



Comparing this sunscreen to the Cosrx Aloe Sunscreen, I would say that it is definitely less sticky and easier to spread. It's just less accessible to get the Purito sunscreen since the Cosrx sunscreen is available in Watsons stores here in Singapore. 



I ordered mine from eopenmarket.com, which is where I've always gotten my Purito products. I purchased mine at USD$12.35 (roughly SGD$16), excluding shipping fees. But, I like getting it from eopenmarket as that's the only website (I've found so far) with the whole Purito range available. Also, there's usually a sale. 



I was intrigued to try out this sunscreen because I've never seen any sunscreen with Centella Asiatica (or at least with Centella Asiatica as the main ingredient). This means that while you're wearing it, it protects and heals the skin at the same time. This sunscreen also has ingredients like niacinamide, which helps to brighten the skin. That makes two of my favourite skincare ingredient in one product #YASSSS



I've been using this for exactly a week and it was my go-to sunscreen. My skin was freaking out because I had a busy schedule, where I kept staying out till late due to all of my friends' graduations, and I needed a sunscreen that wouldn't irritate my skin throughout the day. This sunscreen definitely did not irritate my skin, and I noticed it helped with redness in the morning.



TLDR - What I Like About This Sunscreen:
-It contains Centella and Niacinamide
-It has no white cast
-EWG health rating for this sunscreen is 100% low risk.

Cons:
Not readily available in Singapore
-I get oilier easier

That's all for today's review. Thanks for reading :-)

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Related Links:
Skincarisma: Ingredients Breakdown List

Comments

Popular Posts