Aprilskin Perfect Magic Dual Eyeshadow Pure & Chic Review

It's May, so let's talk about AprilSkin. 
The first time I saw this product was because of a DingoBeauty Youtube video. If you've ever watched Dingo's videos, you'll know they make the best commercials (my personal favourite is the almond series). That video piqued my curiousity, which is why I decided to try this eyeshadow out, so that you don't have to.



AprilSkin is available in Guardian stores, so this was one of the items I got during their Beauty Days sales. This eyeshadow costs SGD$27, and it comes with a sponge applicator. I got mine from their holiday set, which was sold at half the price during the sale. 

The packaging makes me think of mints, and I've already planned to use the container to store my hairpins once I've finished the product. It has a mirror, but I haven't removed the plastic sheet.



Let's all be honest to ourselves here. I don't usually use the applicators provided in eyeshadow palettes. The only exception for me is the Urban Decay eyeshadow brush. But applicators that are typically supplied in Korean eyeshadows, like Etude House, I leave those alone. 

The main selling point of this product is the applicator and its easy "one-swipe" feature. 16Brand has an eyeshadow with a similar concept, but their applicator is an actual brush instead of a sponge. 



It's supposed to be easy. But I hate the applicator. It's difficult for me to hold and control it. Plus, the applicator doesn't get the full three shades. Most of the time, there's only 2/3 shades on the applicator.

The shadows look pigmented on the sponge applicator. But once applied, it looks sheer. I want to say these shadows are buildable, but that is only if you decide to ditch the applicator. I hated how these applied to my lids, and I only thought about how this applicator is a joke. 
The shades are nothing special, and I feel that both are suitable for an everyday look. But nothing in this palette is matte.


The first type of eyeshadow look called "Pure," which includes a more brownish tones, is not as pigmented as I would like it to be, especially the bottom brown shade. The shadows on "Chic" are darker and for some reason, seems to last longer than "Pure." But it's tougher to swatch the bottom brown shade because of the packaging.




Barely 10 minutes after I did the swatches, the eyeshadows started fading, especially the shades from "Pure". That's quite disappointing because I've done swatches of other eyeshadows before, where I'll leave the swatches on my arm, and they last longer than that.

I would recommend using a regular eyeshadow brush or even just your finger. Or, you can skip out on this product. Just get a standard eyeshadow palette that offers similar shades. 

Thanks for reading :-)

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Related links:
Dingo K-Beauty Video - https://youtu.be/1AStF4YBDRo

Comments

Popular Posts