Let's Eat: Burger King Veggie Burger Review


I've been waiting for McDonald's to bring back the love of my life: the Veggie Crunch Burger. However, it seems that McDonalds is not bringing back to the menu any time soon. So, obviously, I had to try out Burger King's new veggie burger. It has been a really long time since I ate at Burger King and I'm only eating BK again because of the veggie burger. 

Also, just putting it out there, I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate meat-free meals. I absolutely love meat-free burgers — shoutout to my baes @VeganBurg and @Greendot for having some of the best.dang.burgers.

I first saw this on Instagram, and I was super excited. I honestly wished it would be a substitute for my Veggie Crunch Burger. I guess that's why kept making comparisons to the Veggie Crunch Burger as BK's Veggie Burger tried it out.  



I'm not sure what the price was because the cashier didn't give me the receipt. But the total cost of what I bought was roughly $19, and judging from the price of my dad's meal, the veggie burger with fries and a drink (I got myself milo) should cost around $8. This makes it slightly more expensive than McDonald's Veggie Crunch.


The BK Veggie Burger comes with a potato patty, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. I was reading the comments, and some people were hoping that they would remove the mayo to make it more vegan-friendly. Honestly, I didn't feel like the mayo added any flavour to the burger. On the other hand, McDonald's Veggie Crunch burger comes with a sweet chilli sauce, which I prefer.

The patty is stuffed with potato, carrot, edamame and corn. The patty isn't very crispy, and I feel like it's just mainly potato. I didn't taste the other ingredients that were supposed to be inside. The texture of the patty and lack of crunch feels like this could quickly turn into a mushy burger.



The whole burger tastes pretty bland for some reason, and I wished it had some other type of sauce. 


I love the fries though. 

Overall, it's just an okay burger to me. If I were to eat it again, I would probably add a sweet chilli sauce to it LOL.

Also, @McDonaldSG what are you doing boo? Bring back my veggie crunch burger already.

Thanks for reading :-)

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com


Comments

  1. mcdonalds hours
    Before visiting the best fast food restaurant Mcdonalds it is always advisable to check its availability. To help you regarding this, we have provided all the Open and Close Times of Mcdonalds both on Holidays and Regular Days. Get to know What time does Mcdonalds Open and What time does Mcdonalds Close by going through deep into the article. Usually, Mcdonalds adjusts its operating schedule during Holidays rather than shutting down completely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts