Medicube Red Line Review: #SaveYourMoney

This girl finally did it.

Okay, sorry, I didn't get everything cause that would be an overkill. But, even though I only got three products from this line, I already have a sense of how I feel about the Medicube Red Line.



Let's talk about the Medicube and the Red Line. 


About Medicube
Medicube is a highly raved brand in Korea, and I've seen many good reviews online. They strive to produce safe and effective products. From what I've seen, many of their skincare products are targeted towards specific skin concerns, which is why they have a number of skincare lines. The Red Line from Medicube, which is one of their popular skincare lines, is targeted towards acne prone skin because it is a non-irritating skincare line.

Majority of their customers praise their products, and also upload their progress pictures. Most of the time, I get swayed by their progress pictures. 

Medicube Red Toner


Image Source



Image Source

So.. I was a little surprised to find out that this toner contains alcohol. I know there's this whole debate about whether alcohol is terrible for the skin. But, most of the time, when brands claim that a product is suitable for acne-prone skin and sensitive skin, they omit alcohol as an ingredient. Was that statement backed up by science? No lol, but for instance, Etude House's Soon Jung Relief toner is for people with sensitive skin, and it is an alcohol-free toner.


Image Source

But anyway, since the red line is quite an all-time favourite line from Medicube especially among people with acne prone skin, I still had hope. Plus, there are other notable ingredients in this product. Notable ingredients from the Red Toner include Niacinamide, Salicylic Acid, Adenosine, Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Grape Seed Extract and Willow Bark Extract.

Thoughts: The toner is alright, and so far I have not broken out from using it. It feels cooling on the skin and quite hydrating. They do claim that it is a non-irritant product and for my skin, I would agree. 

My skin felt soft after using this toner, and I loved the feeling so much, I couldn't stop wiping my face with the cotton pad. It doesn't have any fragrance to it, but there is a very subtle scent.

However, I'd complain about is the texture. It has a unique texture for toner, and the first time I saw it, I was a little confused. I thought I got a faulty product. It comes out like jelly, but when applied, it feels like a regular liquid toner. But, the flaw with the texture is that it is so hard to get the product out. I had to shake the bottle vigorously to get any product out. 

Final Verdict on the Medicube Red Toner: Okay, but could be improved.


Medicube Centella Asiatica Ointment




This is meant for damaged skin as it claims to heal acne scars faster. 

Okay, let's talk sit down and talk @Medicube


On the Medicube website, I don't know why they are promoting that this contains 1% Centella Asiatica, because that is an unfortunate and sad amount of Centella Asiatica to have in a product. If you are going to name a product with "Centella Asiatica" in its name, shouldn't it be more than 1%? Like, don't promote it as a Centella Asiatica Ointment if that is not the main ingredient. 





The tube, honestly, feels like a bottle of air. Each time I use it, I'm stingy with the amount of product I use, because it feels like there is very little product in it. It is 15g, which is not that much, compared to the Centella Blemish cream from Cosrx

Was I expecting that for the price I paid for it? Definitely no. Do I still prefer Cosrx's Centella Blemish Cream over this? Yes.

Final Verdict on the Centella Asiatica Ointment: Thank you, next.




Medicube Spot Treatment

Image Source

This spot treatment is for those who are concerned about acne scarring and hyperpigmentation. The key ingredients are Glutathione and Niacinamide.


Image Source

It has a really cool design, but let's be honest here. I honestly would have preferred it if it came in a squeezy tube, or at least came with a more precise applicator. Instead, it comes with a roll-on applicator *screams*. I personally think that roll-on applicators are not the most hygienic. It comes with a 5ml refill, and this should be able to last for a while because I usually use one pump.

It feels quite refreshing on the skin, but after a week of using it, I don't see much difference with my acne scars.

Final Verdict on Medicube Spot Treatment: Please change the applicator.


Overall:

Medicube isn't the most affordable brand and to be honest, I only purchase their products when there's a sale. I also don't think they are worth the money because I just got so annoyed with them in terms of application. But, I don't hate it completely. I like the toner because it left my skin feeling great. I just wished it was easier to get the product out. I also started breaking out after a few days of using these, but I don't want to blame the products yet because I am PMSing lol.

If I had to skip one product:
It would be the Centella Asiatica Ointment because that is a miserable percentage of Centella Asiatica in a product that's promoting the benefits of Centella Asiatica. This product, in my opinion, is a waste of money.

Final Verdict: Not worth the Hype.

Thank you for reading and I hope this review was useful.


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Related Links:
Medicube Red Toner:
http://en.themedicube.co.kr/product/red-toner/9/

Medicube Centella Asiatica 
http://en.themedicube.co.kr/product/red-ointment-centella-asiatica-ointment/46/?cate_no=47&display_group=1

Medicube Spot Treatment:
http://en.themedicube.co.kr/product/red-erasing-spot-serum/234/?cate_no=47&display_group=1

Comments

Popular Posts