Let's Eat: My New Love, 东北人家

I've never really done a post like this, but I was like "why the heck not?". Okay, before I get into this, disclaimer: I'm not a professional food reviewer. I just really love eating, and I wanted to dedicate this post to 东北人家 because I like their food.

There's currently one 东北人家 outlet in Singapore, and I've seen many people talking about how this place is perfect. It's usually quite packed (and noisy) but my sister books in advance to ensure we get a seat. Even though I'm not the one who pays (thanks jo and wk btw), I would agree with my sister that it's quite affordable. Considering how my family is full of big eaters, we tend to over order. The last time we went there, we ordered six dishes for three people, and it costs around $50+. Plus, the food arrives quite fast which is great for me, because I am always hungry and I get hangry if the food takes too long. 

The food here is so good; our plates are always wiped clean even though we over-order. But that's also because my stomach is a bottomless pit. I wasn't expecting much the first time I went there actually, but now I hope to be blown away every time I go there lol.

My favourite so far has got to be the Scallion Pancakes. I could eat 10 of this, and I know I will still want more. I never tried out scallion pancakes before, and this made me wonder why I have been missing out on this goodness for so long.



I also really like their Sweet and Sour Pork, and it's also really crispy. I don't think I can find another place where the Sweet and Sour Pork tastes like this. The batter that they use is different, and I think it has a delicate balance between sweet and sour. Plus it's one of their more popular dishes.



Next dish I liked was the 面卷. These buns were so fluffy, and I wanted to eat these with noodles, particularly jajangmyeon (even though I haven't eaten jajangmyeon before). 



I also managed to try out their dumplings that's stuffed with pork and chives, and I prefer the fried version. It's not the most flavourful, but I still like it considering some of their other dishes are quite salty.




Some other dishes I managed to try out: 










So if you're ever in Chinatown and you're craving some excellent and affordable 东北 dishes, I would recommend this place. I don't get full, but unsurprisingly, this place always leaves me feeling full. I love this place, and there are so many other dishes I want to try out.


东北人家
Dong Bei Ren Jia
22 Upper Cross St, Singapore 058334


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts