Etude House Spring 2019 Collection: Blossom Cheek and Air Mousse Eyes Review


Etude House released yet another collection (it's like their 3rd collection already in 2019 lol), and this was my first time buying a spring collection item. When I saw this on Etude House's Instagram, I was like "Okay, girl. Why are they so pretty?". 

Let's admit it;  spring collection products are always super duper pretty. Most brands that release a spring collection item perpetually use a cherry blossom design. But, that's what makes these products look so beautiful and makes suckers like me fall in love with them. 


The Etude House S/S Spring 2019 Collection comes three limited edition Matte Chic Lip Lacquer, 4 Blossom Cheek Shades, 8 Air Mousse Eyes shades and 1 Glow On Base (I will be putting the prices below). 

It's surprising to me why they didn't make an eyeshadow palette for this year's spring collection since they had two released last year. But, the Air Mousse Eyes looks pretty new to me, and now I have a full "Air Mousse" collection since I bought some of the Air Mousse in the New Year Collection.

Blossom Cheek 

Shades PK001 and PK003

You might be thinking "did she just get herself more blushes?" and yes, yes I did. 
Ain't gonna lie; I do believe I have a blusher obsession. It's time for an intervention, joking. 

There were four shades available, and I got myself two of the shades. I didn't pick the other two shades as I felt like they looked too light for me.





The shade that stood out to me when I saw the collection in the store was PK003. 

This is a really stunning shade to look at. It looks like a deep pink shade with a slightly purple undertone, and I didn't hesitate in getting this shade. Interestingly enough, this was the first time the Etude House cashier confirmed with me that the blushers weren't broken when I was making the purchase. But, that left me low key wondering if these blushers break easily lol.



The designs on these blushes are beautiful. Just look at them. 

I struggle using pretty products. It pains me when I destroy the design, and I always want to protect the original structure of the product. But luckily when I swatched these, I didn't ruin the designs *yay*. 

These feel smooth, and they apply well. I preferred the texture of these, which are just regular powder blushes, compared to their Mousse Blushers that came out in the CNY collection.

I just used my finger to swatch these, in case anyone was wondering. These blushers are quite sheer, not as pigmented as I expected, but it is definitely buildable. On a side note, PK003 looks more purple in real life than in photos.

Air Mousse Eyes

Shade: RD301

  
There were 8 Air Mousse shades released, but I have other eyeshadows that are similar to the others.  I decided to get this dark pink (the different shades looked light) shade since it stood out the most to me.

It applies smoothly and actually, when swatching this, there was a slippery feel to it. It's the same feeling I get when using Colorpop's Super Shock Cheek highlighter.

It is pigmented when comparing to other Korean beauty eyeshadows, but not as pigmented as western ones. However, one thing I noticed was that this had a lot of glitters. If you're a fan of the glittery eye look, this would be perfect for you. But I do think that it's too much glitter for me because if I don't apply it well, it looks like a lot of fallout.




Overall:
Okay, first let's talk about the price.

The Blossom Cheek retails for SGD$12.90 each, and the Air Mousse Eyes retails for SGD$11.90.

I'm happy that the blushers aren't as expensive as the Disney ones (which were $18.90). These blushers are the same price as their Lovely Cookie Blushers. Considering that these are limited edition, I would recommend getting the blushers.

The Air Mousse Eyes, on the other hand, is just an okay product for me. As I said, I didn't like the amount of glitter, so if I had to choose, I would give it a pass. But if you do like glittery eyeshadows, then this would be perfect for you.


I didn't try out the Glow-On Hydra Base and Matte Chic Lip Lacquer from this collection. Mainly because I don't use primers anymore, plus, I already have two matte chic lip lacquers, so these lippies didn't call out to me.


Prices:
Glow On Hydra Base: SGD$29.90
Matte Chic Lip Lacquer: SGD$19.90
Blossom Cheek: SGD$12.90
Air Mousse Eyes: SGD$11.90




Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts