K-Beauty Battle #7 : iUNIK Centella Cleansing Foam vs. Soon Jung Whip Cleanser

It has been a while since I did a K-beauty battle. I took a long time thinking about what the next K-beauty battle should be about. Like, seriously, I thought long and hard about it because I didn't know what to compare. Then I realized, I should probably compare the cleansers I've been using the past few months. 

The cleanser I used the most in 2018 was the iUNIK cleanser and in late 2018, I got myself the Etude House Soon Jung Whip Cleanser. Both cleansers are foam cleansers and both of them come in a pump bottle.




Since I've done a full review on the iUNIK cleanser before, let's start with the Etude House Soon Jung Whip Cleanser product information first.

Etude House Soon Jung Whip Cleanser


The Soon Jung Whip Cleanser is a weakly acidic (pH 6.5) foam cleanser. It has 150ml of product and retails for SGD$17.90 in Etude House stores. 

The popular Soon Jung skincare series, which is my favourite skincare line from Etude House, is specifically catered to people who have sensitive skin. Notable ingredients are Panthenol and Madecassoside, which promotes wound healing. 

Image Source
Image Source



iUNIK Centella Cleansing Bubble Cleansing Foam


The iUNIK Centella Cleansing Bubble Foam is a mildly acidic cleansing foam that claims to be suitable for all skin types. It is formulated with natural ingredients and contains 69% Centella Asiatica Water. Other notable ingredients are Tea Tree leaf water and Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract. Althought it claims to be mildly acidic, I haven't actually found what's the actual pH value of this cleanser. It does not state the pH on the bottle or on the brand's website.

Unlike the Etude House cleanser, you can see the amount of product left in the bottle. I wish Etude House did leave like a transparent line on the side that allows me to see how much cleanser I have left.


Image Source

Image Source





Comparisons: 

Texture:

Both of them are cleansing foams, but there an obvious difference in how their foams feel.  The iUNIK Cleansing foam feels really light, almost like it's just air and water, whereas the Etude House cleansing foam feels denser. The iUNIK one has more air bubbles and also, when I was taking their texture shots, the iUNIK one couldn't stop sliding on the mirror LOL.



Application: 

Both of them feel really gentle on the skin, but I personally prefer the Etude House cleanser. The iUNIK cleanser feels like it disappears too fast when applied, unlike the Etude House cleanser, where the foam does not disappear.

Scent:

The iUNIK cleansing foam has a very subtle sweet scent. I don't really smell anything when I use the Etude House Cleansing Foam.


Ingredients:

Based on what each product claims on their websites, their ingredients are EWG safe. However, the Soon Jung Whip Cleanser has 100% EWG Safe ingredients while the iUNIK slightly falls short, mainly because of the Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex.

Furthermore, looking closely at the ingredients of the iUNIK Cleanser, it contains Ormenis Muticaulis Oil, which acts as a fragrance.

Etude House Soon Jung Whip Cleanser Ingredients Breakdown:



iUNIK Cleansing Foam Ingredients Breakdown:





Overall:

Both of these are gentle cleansers that I personally like using because they are hydrating and don't leave my skin feeling squeaky clean. Both are weakly acidic, which I think are plus points since it won't be too harsh on the skin and won't destroy our skin's normal pH balance. However, the Soon Jung Whip Cleanser does seem to have a better ingredient list, especially since this is for people with sensitive skin.

Moreover, I'm going to give extra plus points to Etude House because it's easier to get my hands on them here, rather than having to order the iUNIK cleanser online. iUNIK products are sold online only, on their website or through other online stores. So, the Etude House cleanser would be slightly more affordable than the iUNIK cleanser since there are no shipping costs involved.

Verdict:
I personally reach for the Etude House one more recently, but I think both cleansers are great.

Thanks for reading and that's it for today's post. Hope this was useful~


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Relevant Links:

Etude House Ingredients Information
https://www.skincarisma.com/products/etude-house/soon-jung-ph6-5-whip-cleanser#info-section
http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_ba4a283101.html

iUNIK Ingredients Information
https://www.skincarisma.com/products/iunik/centella-bubble-cleansing-foam#info-section
http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_69d1367554.html




Comments

Popular Posts