Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel Sunscreen Review


Last year, I became a sunscreen hoarder after I realized the importance of sunscreen. 



One benefit is that sunscreen helps to prevent premature skin ageing. If you've read my "about me" section, one of my skincare goals was to look like I'm 20 when I'm 40. Yes, there are other important reasons for using sunscreen, like preventing skin cancer. It's just that anti-ageing is one of my biggest motivators currently (not saying that preventing skin cancer ain't important, it definitely is).


Image Source

Although I've tried out a number of sunscreens before, I've never really done a full and proper review on any of them. So, the first sunscreen that I'm going to give a proper review on is the Biore Aqua Rich Watery Gel Sunscreen.

Biore's sunscreens always seem to be highly raved, especially on Instagram. I've read numerous posts of people absolutely loving this sunscreen, as well as the Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen.

Biore has always been a J-beauty brand that I've seen readily available in Singapore. 

Claims:
The Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel claims to have a waterproof and sweatproof formula (highly necessary for Singapore's weather). Apparently, the formulation was improved to give longer-lasting UV protection. It has SPF50+ and PA+++.

It contains Hyaluronic Acid, Royal Jelly Extract and Citrus Extract to keep the skin hydrated. It also claims to have a light and watery texture, which is easily absorbed and does not leave any sticky feeling. It is suitable for the face and body, and each bottle contains 90ml of the product.

My Thoughts:
Scent:
Smells like a typical sunscreen, but it's not a very strong scent.

Texture:
This is one of the most watery sunscreens I've ever used, which also makes it super easy to apply and spread. 



Although it looks really white in the pictures, there was actually a slightly yellow tint.

Application: 
Like the name, it is indeed quite watery. This was the first sunscreen I used that was watery and lightweight. It does have a slight shine after application,but it's not sticky at all. 

After a while, the shine does stay but my skin feels smooth lol. The interesting thing about this is that before it got fully spread out, it looked like it had little powdery bits. To me, it looks like milk powder that hasn't been stirred properly.





Ingredients:
Honestly, this does not have the best ingredient list, and personally, I broke out from using it. I don't have sensitive skin, but this does have a few ingredients that are bad for sensitive skin like alcohol and fragrance (debatable ingredients, but everyone's skin is different).


Image Source

Image Source


Overall:
I broke out from using this sunscreen. So, sadly, I do not think it is for me. This sunscreen felt like it was slightly more on the "it's clogging my pores" side. I've tried using this on and off over several months, and each time I break out from using this, so I guess it's safe for me to accuse it of causing my skin to break out.

Compared to the Cosrx Suncream, this sunscreen feels like it's obviously there. It feels more apparent I have that layer of sunscreen on, compared to when I'm using the Cosrx suncream. Maybe it's because it feels thicker compared to the Aloe Sun Cream.

I've had this sunscreen for probably less than a year, and I've noticed that the nozzle that the sunscreen comes out off has been stained yellow, which is interesting. Like I've said, the sunscreen itself does have a very subtle yellow tint.



Of course, what doesn't work out for me may work out for others. I've seen people loving this product, but sadly for me, I'll have to give it a pass. I don't reach for this sunscreen that often. But now, instead of applying it on my face, I use it on my arms instead.

Final verdict:
Not for me.


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts