Etude House x Disney Happy with Piglet: Color in Liquid Lips Air Mousse Review

Before we start, I have a question. Why do so many Korean brands love giving their products such long names? Like it could have just been named "Air Mousse Lip Tints" but nah, they had to call it the "Color in Liquid Lips Air Mousse". I can't be the only one wondering about these super long names for beauty products.

Today, I'm reviewing the Happy with Piglet Color In Liquid Lips Air Mousse, which was released in Etude House's recent collaboration with Disney Winnie the Pooh. Prior to this, Etude House had already released a "Color in Liquid Lips Mousse" in 2017, which had 6 shades. Yea, so there's a difference in the name because for this collection the word "air" was added in.



For the Happy with Piglet Collection, 3 lip tint shades were released. Two of them are packaged like Piglet, while one of them was Winnie the Pooh. The two piglet designed lip tints are pink lip tints (OR201 and OR202), while the Winnie the Pooh designed one is a red lip tint (RD301). 


Taken from Pamper.My


It claims that the air mousse tint gently blends with its feather-light texture and provides a silky finish. I got myself the shade OR202, which is called "Hug and Love!. I honestly wanted to get the Winnie the Pooh lip tint, but I decided to get the Piglet one since Piglet is supposed to be the star of this collection.

When I first swatched the shade OR201 in the store on my hand, I found it too bright for me. The salesperson probably saw the look on my face and she asked me to try out OR202 instead because it has a warmer tone.


My Thoughts:


When I swatched this, I really thought the colour was really pretty. I have a thing for coral shades and this was a coral shade with a pink undertone to it. This is definitely not an MLBB shade. I think that it is quite bright and slightly in-your-face.



This lip tint does apply smoothly and easily. When I applied it on my lips, I feel like it feels different from other lip tints that I've used before. It kind of feels like jelly.

On my lips, it feels really lightweight and "airy", which is probably why it's called "air mousse". This is actually quite moisturizing on the lips and really non-drying at all. I haven't tried the original Color in Liquid Lips Mousse before so I can't compare the two. But, this did transfer slightly when I drank water after applying it. Also, it does have a strawberry scent, which is only noticeable when you're trying to smell it.


Shade 0R202 Hug and Love! Piglet
One thing to note, after taking the picture for the swatch on my hand, I tried doing a smudge test. This was 20 minutes after swatching and it did smudge a bit. Also, if you compare the two, the colour started to fade after 20 minutes. I was a little bit surprised to see that change but yes, this does leave a stain.



This is retailing for SGD$17.90, for 3.3g of product, which is like $1 cheaper than the Jelly Mousse Blusher. I think the packaging is super adorable. The ears really added an extra level of cuteness.



If I had one thing to complain about this collection, it would be the shade range. I was honestly underwhelmed when I saw that there were only 3 lip tint shades. Though this collection is going to be here for a limited time, I would have appreciated more shades to choose from. I was really hoping for an MLBB shade because between shades OR201 and OR202, they are quite bright and I don't usually opt for bright shades. 

Plus, they had like 5 blushers and 10 eyeshadows released in this collection. So, I don't really think that there's a reason for the limited lip tint shades available. (Side note, I realized that in Korea, there were 5 shades released and one of them was a Tigger designed lip tint. Why don't we have that here hello?!)

That's all for today's review, thank you for reading.
Till the next post.


Stalk me at:

Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)




Relevant Links:
Lip Tint Shades from Pamper.My


Comments

Popular Posts