Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Lotion (Moist) Review

I've seen these cleansing lotions in supermarkets and drugstores, like Watsons, before, but I never really paid attention to them. I saw Ryan Sylvia's video about "Hidden Secrets of the Beauty Industry", and that was the first time I paid any attention to these cleansers. They even had a video comparing makeup remover wipes, and Bifesta was the overall champion.

I wanted to buy a cleansing oil that came in a pump bottle, and I have no clue why I mistook this as one. I think it was maybe because I'm used to the packaging for the Face Shop Rice Cleansing Oil and I just assumed this was an oil cleanser lol (I know, it does not make sense). But anyway, since I already bought this, I decided to try this out and give a review on it.




These are available in most drugstores and also in the supermarket (highkey bought mine from NTUC). I bought mine from the supermarket, which cost around SGD$16.90. I've seen this sold at Watsons and Guardian for roughly around the same price. But these stores often have sales going on, and I would recommend getting these during the offers if you want to save a few more bucks. 

I stood at the aisle for quite some time trying to decide which type I wanted. The kind that I got was the Moist version, and there are a few others. I know there was one specially formulated for acne-prone skin, but I don't remember the name. 


Image Source
I got myself the Moist version because I prefer using hydrating products.  But, I also got myself this because the others were SGD$18.90. It may be just a $2 difference, but every dollar matters.

What It Claims:



The Bifesta Micellar Cleansing Lotion has a refined Micellar technology that has improved with the addition of new moisturizing cleansing ingredients. New ingredients were added to reduce harshness on the skin and protect the skin with lesser wipes and friction. 

Image Source

It claims to have a 100% oil-free formulation. Furthermore, the Cleansing Lotion series itself is also free from colouring, fragrance, parabens and alcohol. 

The Moist Cleansing Lotion contains notable ingredients such as absorbent amino acid and hyaluronic acid. They don't state what's the specific type of amino acid, but amino acids are beneficial for the skin by maintaining the skin's smoothness and hydration. Hyaluronic acid is a popular ingredient in many highly raved skincare products as it is known to alleviate dry skin and provide anti-ageing benefits to the skin.


Image Source

Thoughts:
Okay, although it claims that you don't need to follow up with a facial foam cleanser, I still believe in double-cleansing. Especially when I wear makeup or sunscreen.  But, if I was at home all day and I did not intend to go out, I would use only a cleansing water to wipe off gunk from my face. 


Image Source

For waterproof makeup, it states that you should leave it on longer. But I realized for me, my mascara did not budge at all, and I've tried it out three times already. This is the reason why I prefer using oil-based cleansers on my eye makeup. Oil-based cleansers take lesser time and effort to remove my stubborn mascara. The first time I tried it on my eyes, my eye starting stinging a little. But after several uses, it didn't hurt anymore. Maybe I did something wrong the first time?

However, it does remove the makeup from the rest of my face quite well.

It's a translucent solution when you look at it up close. It reminds me a bit of how calcium hydroxide looks after the addition of carbon dioxide gas (sorry to any non-chemistry students). 



It doesn't have a sticky feeling afterwards. It doesn't leave my face feeling like there's a film on it. There is also no scent, which I expected since it is fragrance-free. It does leave my skin feeling hydrating, so for those with dry skin, this should probably be okay for you.

Overall:
I think this is a great product for those who are looking for affordable waterbased makeup removers that's gentle on the skin. Especially if you're a student and it's you're still new to makeup, I would recommend this because I think it is in the affordable range since it's less than $20.

It's readily available in the supermarket or drugstores here, so it's easy to buy. It has 300ml of product, and apparently, there are refills, but I have not seen the refills in stores here. It should last for several months because there's quite a lot of product. 




It works well as a water-based cleanser, but I would still recommend double cleansing if you did wear makeup or sunscreen. It is effectively hydrating on the skin, and so far, I have not broken out from using this cleanser. Also, it is non-irritating on the skin.

I've been using this for almost a full month to remove my makeup after work. For me, I usually need two cotton pads to remove my makeup, excluding my mascara. Sometimes I do use a third cotton pad to ensure everything is removed, but it's always clean by then. So, I do think that this is great for removing your face makeup (of course, excluding waterproof mascaras)

That's all for today's post. Hope this was useful.
Till the next post.

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com


Relevant Links:
Product Information
https://www.bifesta.jp/en/lotion/lineup/lotion.html

Comments

Popular Posts