Best Skincare of 2018 | Take My Money

I still can't believe it's so close to being 2019. This year I had a few breakouts, all triggered by going school (cause it's dirty, especially the tables) and exam stress. Here's part 4, the final part, of my 2018 Favourites and I'm going to be sharing my skincare favourites.



Etude House Soon Jung Moist Relief All In One Gel
This gel came out recently and I got it around September. I think around this time I was really focused on hydrating and soothing products. This really caught my attention when I was shopping in Etude House, so I got it. I really love the Soon Jung line from Etude House in general and I like this gel a lot because it's a quick fix to any skin irritation that I have.



It is quite similar to aloe vera, in terms of texture.  It comes in a squeezy tube bottle and when it comes out, it's chunky but applies really smoothly. If you're new to the Soon Jung Skincare Series, it's basically catered to sensitive skin. I think that this gel is really soothing and it can work well as a moisturizer for both day and night use.

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
When I first got this, I was really intimidated by it because it looks scary. A lot of people, especially my oldest sister, were telling me about some of the precautions I need to take when I want to use this. 

There is definitely a lot of precautions that should be taken when using this product because it is highly acidic. But, even though it is scary, I have grown to like this a lot. I love to use this for spot treatments and especially in dealing with the bumpy textures on my forehead.



This is a 10 Minute Exfoliating Facial with I use this when I want to target specific pimples and trouble areas. I know others will apply it to their whole face, but I personally do not do that. I usually leave it on for 8 minutes using a timer and you should not leave it on for more than 10 minutes. It really helped me when I had sudden pimples and I would use this and follow up with a pimple patch.

Origins Out of Trouble Mask
This was really one of my favourite masks this year, especially when dealing with breakouts. My sister used to buy the samples which were $5 for 10ml so that she could try out the different types available. 



I really liked using this mask whenever I broke out. I would apply it over zits and it really did wonders. It was one of my go-to spot treatments. But, I stopped using it because I ran out of it and I'm unable to find the 10ml sample in Sephora anymore. I'm still contemplating if I should just get the full sized bottle, which is $50 for 100ml.

Heimish Hydrogel Patches
I've tried different eye products and this is one of my favourite eye patches so far. It feels really great on the skin and it is super refreshing. I love how it makes the area under my eyes much brighter after using it. 



Innisfree Black Green Tea Mask 
The first time I tried the Black Green Tea Mask, it actually belonged to my mum but she forgot about it and stopped using it. That's why I started using it. (If I didn't use it, it would have just been left there until it expired, so don't judge me).



So actually, before September this year, I did not really use any of the Innisfree Green Tea series products. When I tried the samples a few years back, my skin felt like it was burning and I would break out afterwards. But I did a patch test of this Innisfree Black Green Tea mask and because I didn't have any negative reactions I decided to give it a try.

This mask contains "55% black green tea made of pesticide-free Jeju Green Tea leaves." It is actually an anti-ageing mask, and although I don't really need to focus on anti-ageing now, I really like this mask. But even though I say that, I don't know why but I feel conscious of how old I look nowadays, especially after watching SKII advertisements. I'm talking about those SKII commercials where they test how old your skin really is and I keep wondering how old my skin really is now even though I'm 19. I remember telling my sister that when I'm 40, I want to look like I'm 20. 

Anyways, back to the mask. It's super easy to apply and there are little bits of green tea leaves in it. It has a scent though which I've gotten used to. It soothes my skin every time I use it and I feel like my overall complexion has improved so far after I've used this. My skin looks brighter after using it and also my skin hasn't had a break out since I started using this. I usually like to leave it on for a really long time while I do my work, although the recommended usage is to leave it on for 10-15mins.

Oxy Acne Patches
I used a lot of these patches this year. I really like them because they work well in getting the gunk out of my pimples. I recommended them to my friend, who had a really stubborn pimple, and she really liked using these as well because it worked for her.  I used to wear this in school because I don't really care if people can see it. What mattered to me more was for my skin to recover quickly.




Silcot Cotton Pad
I know it's a little bit weird to be including cotton pads, but these are my favourite cotton pads I've ever used. I also think that the type of cotton pads used are important when applying your skincare products. 



These are my favourite cotton pads because I feel like they are wayyyyy softer than normal cotton pads. These are really gentle on my skin and these soak up really easily, so I don't feel like I'm wasting any product.



And that's it, these are my skincare favourites of 2018.
Thanks for reading.


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)






Comments

Popular Posts