Best Makeup of 2018| Take My Money

Why has this year gone by so fast *sobs*. I can't believe its almost 2019. This year went by like a bullet train, but it was also quite eventful for me.  

As the year is coming close to an end, I've managed to make a list of some of my favourites. I have tried out quite a number of new beauty products this year and some have definitely made life a little better. I have a 2018 Skincare Favourites coming up next,but since my makeup favourites have a shorter list, here's my 2018 Makeup Favourites first:



Innisfree Vivid Cotton Ink
Shade: 07
Price: SGD$15

This lip tint was released as part of Innisfree's spring collection. I bought this lip tint in October and I've been really liking it ever since. It is quite creamy and it applies really smoothly, giving a matte finish

It's not really long-lasting, normally I have to reapply after eating, but most lipsticks I use don't last through meals. I really love the shade I got, which is the shade 07. I think it passes off as a good MLBB shade. These have a good color payoff and they stain my lips though they don't last long for me. Innisfree also recently came out with a Autumn Maple Collection and I'm eyeing shade 14.



Taken from Innisfree.com


BLK Cosmetics Velvet Lip Cream
Shades: Refined and Classy
Price: PHP 299

This was another one of my favourite lip products this year. I really love the shades that I got which were classy and refined. I find these as good MLBB shades as well. Out of the two, I prefer Classy, although the two that I own have a very similar shade.

These feels really creamy when applied and I think they are quite moisturizing on the lips. I definitely want to get more, especially because they came up with a number of new products this year. 



Taken from Blkcosmetics.com.ph


Tarte 2017 Treasure Box Collector's Set
This was a Christmas gift from my sister last year and this has been one of my go-to for makeup. This was also the first tarte product I've ever used and I fell in love with it.

The Treasure Box Collector Set was one of the many holiday collection released by Tarte. It has almost everything you need for a full makeup look. My second sister also kept using this palette,which irritated me because of hygiene. But luckily, I haven't had any eye infections, cause if I did I would definitely blame her lol. 

It has eyeshadows, highlighters, blushes, bronzers, an eyeliner, mascara and a mini Tarte lip paint. There are 24 Amazonian Clay eyeshadow shades, which is a mixture of both mattes and shimmer shades. I don't really use the dark shades and I use the neutral and shimmer shades the most. Everything is definitely pigmented and I love using the highlighter the most.



They came up with another holiday set, which looks really similar to the one I have, just in different packaging. The one that's available in Singapore's Sephora is the Pineapple of My Eye Collector's Set, but they also released a Sweet Escape Collector's Set that's not available here.  This year's collection is slightly more expensive because of the fancier packaging, especially because this year's collections come in a metal packaging.

Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner
Shade:Black
Price: sorry I can't remember

I got this eyeliner in January this year and it has been my go-to eyeliner the entire year. It is running out soon and I'm sad about that, but I bought a new eyeliner from Etude House which I'm going to try out next. 



I really like brush liners and I think it's definitely one of the better affordable drugstore eyeliners. I bought this in Malaysia and Sasa was having an offer so I decided to grab it. This should also be available in Guardian or Watsons.  

I don't really have a lot of makeup favourites this year, especially since most of the products I needed were in the Tarte Holiday collection. These were the products that I frequently reached for and I didn't really see myself reaching out for others, so it's quite a short list.

But anyways, these are my makeup favourites of 2018.
Thanks for reading.


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)


 

Comments

Popular Posts