K-Beauty Battle #5: April Skin Snow Sun Stick vs The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Clear Sun Stick


It’s been a while since I last posted a K-Beauty Battle (and also a blog postwhoops). But today, I’m comparing the April Skin Snow Sun Stick vs The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Clear Sunscreen Stick. This is actually the first AprilSkin product I've ever tried, and I'm excited after continuously seeing the advertisement for the snow sun stick appear on my Instagram feed.




The April Skin Snow Sun Stick



What It Is:
The April Skin Snow Sun Stick is a pocket-sized sunscreen stick with SPF 50/PA++++. April Skin claims that it is a ”weightless matte finish sunscreen, that is formulated with a fine powder to eliminate a whitening trace”. It contains Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract and Purslane Extract.

It is available at Guardian, where it retails for SGD$25. It has a really pretty and simple pink packaging, like even the box is so pretty.






The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Clear Sunscreen Stick






What It Is:
This is also a portable sunscreen stick with SPF50+/PA+++. The Face Shop claims that it is lightweight, convenient and transparent. It also claims that it has moisturizing properties. It contains Sunflower Sprout Extract and Vitamin E which "helps to keep skin smooth and fresh for long hours".




Its retail Price is roughly $30+ but there are some online stores selling it, such as sg.kollectionk.com which is selling it on offer now for $17.17.  They have different packaging every now and then due to their collaborations. The most recent one I've seen is the Apeach version, which is so freaking cute.











How I Use Them:

I'm terribly afraid of contaminating these, so I only use them in the morning after I've cleaned my face. After using it, I'll just wipe it down with a clean tissue. I rarely re-apply them in school, although I carry them with me. If you're going to re-apply it outside, you can always bring along some wet wipes to clean it afterwards. 


Review:


The Face Shop sunscreen stick is a more translucent yellow sunscreen stick that looks of oily. The April Skin sunscreen stick is an opaque slightly yellow product that looks quite powdery.



They both have scents, where the Face Shop sunscreen stick has a citrus-y scent and the April Skin one smells like a really soothing herbal-ish scent.

Both of them apply really smoothly but the face shop one is slightly oilier, so it glides on more smoothly than the April Skin sunscreen stick. The first time I used the April Skin sunscreen stick, it was not as smooth, mainly cause it was like a brand new layer, but after several uses, it applies much more smoothly now.

The Face Shop sunscreen stick has a slight shine compared to the April Skin Sunscreen stick when applied. So I know the pictures don't really show it, but it is because it's not a very obvious shine. I honestly prefer the April Skin sunscreen stick when it comes to this, mainly because my skin tends to get oily really fast and the Face Shop sunscreen stick may give off a really greasy look if you add too much. They surprisingly do not have a sticky feeling and they both do not give a white cast at all.






The April skin snow sun stick has quite a number of acne triggering ingredients, but it has been working fine on my skin so far. I read a review for the Face Shop sunscreen stick and it did cause some breakouts, so just a word of caution.

Ingredients List: April Skin Snow Sun Stick




Ingredients List: The Face Shop Sunscreen Stick



Both of them are really easy to use and they are really lightweight. I do not think that both of them are waterproof because they don't claim that they are, so these might not be for you if you are looking for a waterproof sunscreen stick. But they are definitely great if you don't want a white cast and if you feel like a sunscreen stick is much more convenient for you. They are seriously so easy to bring around so you can always just leave them in your bag and apply them when you're out if you forgot to apply sunscreen before leaving the house.


I do see more positive reviews for the April Skin snow sun stick and it is slightly more affordable than the Face Shop sunscreen stick. I also prefer using the April Skin snow sun stick because it does not have the greasy feeling that the Face Shop suncreen stick has. If you have an oily skintype, I would recommend the April Skin snow sun stick instead. But personally, both works out fine for me and I think they're perfect to bring around especially in Sunny Singapore.



That's all for today's review and I hope it was useful for you. 
Thank you for reading and until the next post :-) 

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) 
                  @fartingpizzza (food)
                  @alifeforgod
On your phone? Check out https://matchaslushie.onuniverse.com

Related Links:

Tester Korea: The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Clear Suncreen Stick
https://youtu.be/c59_JHJB-W0

Apri Skin Global: April Skin Snow Sun Stick
https://youtu.be/ASTBqYCCROE


Cosdna: April Skin Snow Sun Stick
http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_e26c332995.html

Cosdna:  The Face Shop Natural Sun Eco Clear Suncreen Stick
http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_9c40310934.html





Comments

Popular Posts