My Skincare Shit-List



Alright, before I start my list, here's a tiny little disclaimer. Everyone has different skin and what did not work for me may have worked for others. I'm just giving a really honest opinion. 

So yea. Let's start.




1. Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Serum


What It Is:
"The ultimate antioxidant serum, formulated with effective ingredients that are safe and non-irritating. A bestseller in Korea, the hypoallergenic formulation uses antioxidant, Vitamin C to help fade brown spots, even out your complexion, reduce fine lines and brighten the skin tone". 

It claims to be suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.

My Experience:
I was actually really sad that this did not work out for me. 

There's so much hype for it and a lot of people swear by it. Klairs is also a really popular brand and I've tried their other products like the toner. But for me, I kept breaking out after using the vitamin C serum. It definitely works well in brightening the skin but my issue was that I kept breaking out. After the first few days of using it, I stopped and I tried it again after a few months, but I just kept having breakouts from using it. Although I can't really use it for my face, I use it on my hands and arm area because I think it does help brighten up my skin.


2. Innisfree Bija Trouble Facial Foam


What it is:
"A facial foam for skin trouble. It claims to contain natural ingredients like salicyl acid and is free from ingredients like artificial fragrances and mineral oil."

My Experience:
It was a relatively affordable facial wash since it's only $13 in Innisfree for a 150ml bottle. I've seen quite a number of reviews saying that it is very calming and that they would repurchase it again. So I was actually excited to try out this facial wash, but after a using it for a few weeks, I stopped and went back to using my other facial wash.

I did not see any soothing effects on my skin. In fact, after using this, my face started having more textures and I kept breaking out. Hence, I decided to stop using it since it was clearly not suitable for me.


3. Oxy 5, Oxy 10 and Oxy Cover Up

What It Is:
Oxy 5, Oxy 10 and Oxy Cover-Up are "acne pimple medication that contains Benzoyl peroxide to treat stubborn pimples. It kills acne bacteria that cause pimples and helps to dry up excess oil and unclog pores"

Oxy 5 and 10 claims to vanish upon application. Oxy Cover Up claims to hide pimples while it treats.

My experience:
Firstly, I would like to disagree with the claim that it vanishes upon application because I would see white residue on my face in the morning. For the Oxy Cover Up, it did not really hide like those really big red pimples and it would give like this obviousness that you're trying to cover up those zits.

These use to sting my face a lot, especially Oxy 10, but I kept using it because initially Oxy 5 did work for me. It was only after I kept using it, it didn't work well for me anymore so I thought I needed to switch to something stronger, hence I started using Oxy 10. The first time I tried using Oxy 10, I couldn't take the pain even though it was just a few seconds, and I would just wipe it off. Not only did the Oxy Cover Up fail in covering up, it felt really drying on my skin. I think the main issue why it failed in covering up for me was because it was ONE SHADE.

Overall, instead of helping me treat stubborn pimples, it used to give me even more pimples to deal with. I have not used these for over a year and I'm glad I stopped using them because my skin has improved way faster.

4. Tony Moly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick


What It Is:
"The Tony Moly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick is a portable serum, that moisturizes and cools the delicate skin around the eyes".

It claims to cool and de-puff tired eyes while minimizing the appearance of fine lines around the eye. Notable ingredients are Bamboo Sap, Glacial Water, and Sea Water

My Experience:
I'm sorry but out of everything in this list, this was the most useless one to me. The first time I used it, the product completely broke off because it was so malleable. The "cooling effect" was honestly disappointing, using a cold spoon would probably be better and definitely cheaper. 


That's all for today's review and I hope it was useful for you. 
Thank you for reading and until the next post :-) 

Stalk me at:

Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) | @fartingpizzza (food)
Twitter: @matchaslushie

Comments

Popular Posts