iUNIK Centella Calming Gel Cream Review



Dear Centella Asiatica, I'm obsessed with you.

My favourite Centella product has been the Cosrx Centella Blemish cream, but I think I just found a great alternative: iUNIK's Centella Calming Gel. I've been using this gel for a few weeks now, so I'm ready to share my thoughts on it.

About iUNIK

I see iUNIK mentioned more often on Instagram, so I thought I would introduce the brand first.

iUNIK is a Korean brand that prides itself on using only hypoallergenic ingredients for all its products. The main thing that they promote is minimalism in skincare. Generally, 'iUNIK's products are all in an affordable range, and they often have 1+1 promos. They also offer international shipping.


Anyways, let's get started with the iUNIK Centella gel cream. ✨


What It Is

Taken from cosdna.com






I love Centella Asiatica as an ingredient in my skincare. Why? Centella Asiatica is fantastic in treating wounds in the most gentle way possible. I love to use it, especially when dealing with acne scarring. It was in a klog.co post where the title was literally "Ingredient Spotlight: How Centella Asiatica extract helps fight acne inflammation". 

I have three iUNIK products, which are the Tea Tree Relief Toner, Centella bubble cleanser and this Centella gel cream. Both the Centella Bubble Cleanser and the Centella Gel Cream contains 69%-70% of Centella asiatica in them. 


This cream is a 60ml product, which contains 70% Centella Asiatica and 10% tea tree leaf water. It is oil-free and claims to be blemish calming. It also claims to be suitable for all skin types & for sensitive skin.

In terms of ingredients, most of their products are in the low hazard EWG levels.











 First Impression: 

It's a non-sticky translucent cream and feels quite cooling on the skin. It looks like it is a very watery cream, perhaps because of its ingredients. It has a subtle sweet scent that disappears after it has been applied. Overall, the scent smells very clean and fresh.


Probably super weird for me to say this,but I need to get it off my chest. This packaging is SOOOO satisfying to touch like it's super smooth. iUNIK's products are generally packaged in simple designs, just like Purito's packaging.

My skin feels moisturized from using this, and yes, my blemishes calmed down in the morning after. When I use this gel together with the other two iUNIK products, my complexion becomes much brighter. 

Overall Experience:

The great thing about this product is that it is translucent. I said that it is a better alternative to the Cosrx Centella cream as this can be applied during the day and you do not have to  worry about having an apparent white cast on your face. This can be used as a moisturizer too because it is quite hydrating on the skin. I would recommend using it to calm agitated skin as it is cooling and soothing when applied.

This gel absorbs much better on the skin and it does do what it claims, which is calming down the blemishes. 'It's also easy to spread, and the best thing is that I 'haven't gotten a new pimple, so for me, it works.

There is no greasy feeling the next morning whenever I chose to apply it at night, which is excellent. 'I've also begun to use it as part of my morning routine together with the other two iUNIK products that I have, and my skin has been happy so far.

Anyways, 'that's my super short review on the Centella Gel Cream. 'I'll be working on my review on the Centella Bubble Cleanser and Tea Tree Relief toner soon.


That's all for today, I hope this was useful.
Thank you for reading and until the next post :-) 

Stalk me at:

Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) | @fartingpizzza (food)
Twitter: @matchaslushie


Related Links:

iUNIK Centella Calming Gel Cream




Comments

  1. If the products you look for are not in our catalog we would be pleased to offer our custom synthesis service. Centella Asiatica Extract

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, after reading ur review I'm so interested to buy it! Thanks for ur quality content? šŸ˜šŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts