Things I’ve Been Loving: Jan to Apr Favorites | Take My Money

It has been a really long time since I did a favorites blog post (whoops). My last favorites post was actually in 2017 and it's because I kept using stuff that I already used before, so I didn't really have any new favorites. But anyways, I'm back with some new favorites and also some recurring favorites from before. So, let's get right into it:

New Favorites:

Oxy Acne Patches


These acne patches have worked the best for me, compared to other acne patches that I've tried before. They are able to stick onto my skin for a long time, as even when I'm bathing, I realize that it's still staying strong. I find that the longer the patch is on, the more effective it is and it has definitely helped me with my recent breakouts. These are roughly SGD$5.90 and honestly, I prefer them to the COSRX acne patches.

I like that it comes with a tweezer, which is used to remove the acne patches individually so that you minimize contact with it. There are three sizes but I usually use the smallest one the most.




Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette



My first ever Urban Decay product and I love it. I got it from Duty-Free on my way back from the Philippines and I was super happy because it's definitely cheaper to get it from Duty-Free. I really like the brush that comes with it too, because I feel like it helps me blend the eyeshadow much better.


Blk Cosmetics Velvet Lip Cream

Full review available
https://matchaslushie.blogspot.sg/2018/02/blk-cosmetics-velvet-lip-cream-review.html

These have been my go-to lip products whenever I feel like using lipstick. They are really creamy and I like the shades because they look really natural. The shades that I have are Classy and Refined. I guess the only thing that I have to complain about is that it's not really long lasting and they tend to transfer quite easily.

Also, on the topic of BLKcosmetics, I am so shook at their latest products, which are all Korean beauty themed. I really feel like flying to the Philippines just to get them (although I could just order them online, I just really want to travel).



https://www.instagram.com/blkcosmeticsph/

https://www.instagram.com/blkcosmeticsph/







Origins "Out Of Trouble" Mask



My oldest sister bought some origins sample mask from Sephora and she allowed me to try the "Out Of Trouble Mask". The sample costs $5 for a 10ml sample and the full-sized product, which is 50ml, costs $50. Honestly, I like it so much that I'm saving up to buy the full sized product for myself.



The Full Sized Product
Taken from: Origins Website

The "Out of Trouble" mask is a 10-minute mask to rescue problem skin. It works best for oil and acne control. Personally, it does help me when I have sudden breakouts and I like to use this when I feel like a pimple is about to pop out.


B.Liv Facial Brush



I've been using this facial brush for the past few weeks and I really like it. It cleanses my face really well, but it's also super gentle, so it's not like it's damaging my face.



Recurring Favourites:

1. Etude House Soon Jung pH 5.5  Relief Toner



This toner has been a favorite of mine since 2017, but I stopped using it for awhile to try out other toners. I eventually went back to using it because it's really gentle on the skin. This toner is suitable for the "7 Skin Method" if you're wondering and I've seen Edward Avila and TheSokoGlam recommend it for the 7 Skin Method.

2. Milani Cosmetics Baked Blushes



These blushes are seriously my favorite and they are my go-to blushes.I legitimately want the whole series of baked blushes from Milani. I love the colors and sometimes I use them as an eyeshadow as well. My favorite shades so far are "Luminoso", "Dolce Pink" and "Rose D' Oro". 




I've seen many reviews on this and personally, I started using Milani because my friend recommended it and our group just started using Milani blushes. It is quite shimmery so it really depends on how you want your blush to look.



Favorite Scents
I have been using these perfumes for the past few months and I really love their scents. They are very different from one another, so I can't really stick with just one favorite. Usually,
I decide according to my mood that day.



XO, Victoria
Xo, Victoria is described as a" vibrant floral fragrance, the scent of a sun-kissed rose, wild, free and effortless."
Taken from:https://www.fragrantica.com



The packaging is really cute and sturdy as well. I've dropped this twice and each time I panic, thinking that it would shatter, but it has stayed perfectly fine.


Signorina Salvatore Ferragamo
This perfume is described to "compose of elegant jasmine, pink peony, and rose. The spontaneous and delicate sweetness of pannacotta together with soft musks and intriguing patchouli notes offer a racy Italian elegance and an unexpected addictiveness."
Taken from:https://www.fragrantica.com

I usually use this when I want a longer lasting perfume because this tends to last longer than the other two. Especially for days that I have PE, I will use this in the morning.




Rose Fragrance Mist by Bath and Body Works
"Rose is alluring, feminine, blushing, modern and playful. It has a sweet-meets-spice scent with full floral notes. It delivers a light, refreshing way to fragrance." 

I don't usually like rose scented fragrances but this one is different. It's not an overwhelming rose scent and I generally don't like rose scents when it is too strong, so I feel that this perfume is perfect for me and for those who don't like strong rose scents as well. It's quite a light scent and I really like to use it, mostly depending on my mood, but definitely on shorter school days.






Non-Beauty Favorites:


Favorite Songs:
1. Saved By Khalid
https://youtu.be/Dyg32hMf7Fk

I didn't think that falling in love with a song was possible, but I fell in love with this song. I've been listening to Khalid a lot the past few months and this song is my favorite so far. I love listening to Khalid when I study because most of his songs are really soothing and chill to listen to.





2. "Best Part" Cover by AJ Rafael and Samica
https://youtu.be/1m3BOZmodew

I've been listening to this song on repeat for the past few days and I really really really love this cover by AJ Rafael and Samica.



Laughter In Waikiki - Korean Drama
If you haven't watched this, I recommend that you should. The series has ended so you will have no problems binge watching. This show brought a lot of joy to my life every Monday and Tuesday.

It was actually so popular that they extended the number of episodes. I really liked this show because it was really funny, and there were a lot of scenes that made me think a lot about life and how I could relate. There were sad scenes, but the way that they portrayed it reminded me that I'm not the only one in the world who has bad days and how not everything is going to work out at first, but eventually will. My favorite Korean drama before this was "Because it's my first life", but I think that both these shows are now my top favorite together.

Plot synopsis: 
Three very different young men – Dong Goo, the bad luck incarnate who dreams of becoming a film director, Joon Ki, an eccentric actor who performs to make a living, and Doo Shik, a freelancer writer who fiddles around doing nothing most of the time - open a guest house named “Waikiki” in Itaewon where many foreigners come to stay. Although they have no clue how to run it, they’re eager to earn money to pay for the production of their upcoming film.

Joined by Dong Goo’s younger sister Seo Jin, who actually manages the household in Waikiki; single mother Yoon Ah, who has made an unexpected landing in the guest house with her mysterious baby; and Dong Goo’s ex-girlfriend Soo Ah, they all start living together in an uncomfortable and suspicious atmosphere.

Taken from:https://mydramalist.com



That's all for today's review and I hope it was useful for you. I know I haven't been uploading a lot of blog posts recently, but I do post more on my Instagram account, so do check it out. 
Thank you for reading and until the next post :-) 

Stalk me at:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) | @fartingpizzza (food)
Twitter: @matchaslushie


Related Links:

BLK Cosmetics Images
https://www.instagram.com/blkcosmeticsph/

Blk Cosmetics Video
https://youtu.be/qRZGId84mTk

Origins Out Of Trouble Mask
https://www.origins.com/product/15346/10736/skincare/treat/face-masks/out-of-trouble/10-minute-mask-to-rescue-problem-skin

Milani Baked Blush
https://www.milanicosmetics.com/collections/blush/products/baked-blush?variant=47991657743

Laughter In Waikiki Plot Synopsis
https://mydramalist.com/26644-eulachacha-waikiki




Comments

Popular Posts