Zahara Cosmetics Review



Have you heard of halal make-up? Zahara is a halal make-up brand based in Singapore.

In this blog post, I’m going to review some products from Zahara. I ordered one halal nail polish, nail polish remover, all day matte halal lipstick, daredevil lashes mascara and golden goddess eyeshadow palette.

The nail polish shade I chose was simply covered. It’s a pretty nude which I feel will suit most skin tones. The nail polish has great coverage. I usually use one coat. Zahara does not recommend using more than 2 layers as it affects the water permeability of the nail polish. The nail polish lasts for about 4 days, without the oxygen coat.  However, as I’m accustomed to eating with my hands, I have noticed my nail polish becoming more orange after my meal. I think this could be due to the water permeability because this has not happened with other nail polishes.

The next product is the nail polish remover. I usually use cotton pads to remove nail polish. I dislike how the cotton pad sticks to my nails and it takes really long to get nail polish off. However, with Zahara's nail polish remover, my nail polish is removed in seconds. I don’t have to worry about cotton pads or spilling nail polish remover. In addition, it has vitamin E which protects nails from damage and ensures healthy growth. It is also alcohol and acetone free.



Zahara has 5 shades of all-day matte liquid lipstick. I bought the shade girl next door. This shade is perfect for an everyday look. I usually dab some lipstick on my lips first. I spread it evenly with my finger for a more natural look. If you have chapped lips, I would recommend applying lip balm first. The matte lipstick is made to last throughout the day. A waterproof makeup remover will make it easier to remove your lipstick. This shade has become one of my go-to lipstick.



To be honest, I hardly use mascaras. Ever since I laid my hands on the daredevil lashes mascara, I cannot go without it. The mascara offers buildable volume. I like that it spreads evenly, without clumping my eyelashes. Zahara has a blog post on how to make sure your mascara goes the extra mile.




Lastly, I bought the golden goddess eyeshadow palette. This palette is ideal for an everyday makeup look. I like that they have 4 shades in a palette. Each shade for a different purpose – base, shimmer, depth, and highlight. It is convenient to carry.



Overall, I am well pleased with the products from Zahara. The only thing I did not quite like was the shipment tracking was not accurate. Besides that, I received the parcel three days after placing my order which was pretty fast. Their packaging is simple and cute. I like how their makeup is versatile. For example, you could use the lighter shades of lipstick as a blush. Furthermore, they are a cruelty-free brand.

Zahara currently ships to Singapore, Malaysia, and Australia only. They frequently have promotions including free shipping. You should definitely check them out!

Thank you for reading and until the next post!
Kvdaddict


Stalk me at:
Instagram: @kvdaddict

Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) | @fartingpizzza (food)
Twitter: @matchaslushie

Comments

Popular Posts