Purito Centella Green Level All In One Mild Pad Review

Purito has been getting quite the attention lately especially towards the end of 2017. Which, in my opinion, is well deserved. Purito's products have a clean ingredient list, which are EWG safe, and they are cruelty-free. Purito has launched several new products and they have kindly sent some of them for me to try out.

The first product that I will be trying out is the Centella Green Level All In One Mild Pad.
This has a similar concept to other facial pads, like the Cosrx One Step Pimple Clear Pad or Neogen's Bio Peel Pads. But the main difference with this is that its main ingredient is  Centella Asiatica Extract.


It contains 10% of the Centella Asiatica Extract and I am personally a fan of Centella because of the benefits it gives to the skin. The Centella All-In-One Mild Pad is called all-in-one because it is a multi-purpose product. It claims to protect the skin barrier, remove sebum and dead skin cells, clean up makeup and residue, moisturize, and calm the skin, all at the same time with the use of each pad.





Purito also promotes this product as EWG Green Level Safe, where it doesn't contain AHA. A lot of people may wonder why Purito likes to claim that it doesn't contain AHA when AHA is often seen as a good and beneficial ingredient in many products today. I was also surprised when I saw the other Purito products, like the Vitamin C Serum, promoting that it does not contain AHA. But in the Centella All In One Mild Pad, they do explain why they don't like having AHA in their products.



The main ingredients in this product are Centella Asiatica Extract, Asiatic Acid, Asiaticoside and Madecassic acid. Other notable ingredients are Tea Tree Oil, Allantoin and Arginine.



The product itself contains very safe ingredients, based on the CosDNA website. In fact, it does contain minimal ingredients. Although the Cosrx One Step Pimple Pad uses little ingredients as well, the Centella All In One Mild Pad has better ingredients reviews.





The product comes in a circular container with a simple design and a clear plastic spatula is provided. Each container contains 70 pads. Currently, on eopenmarket, each container is sold for USD$14.46, which is roughly SGD$18.89, excluding delivery charges.

The container had the seal and I was a little bit surprised to see that there was some essence outside the seal and my box was slightly wet and I realised the seal was opened. I'm not sure if it happened during the flight or something, but I'm sure my case is just a one-off kind of thing.



First Impression

For my first try, I used the sample given. 


I thought the sample would have only one pad, but to my surprise, there were two inside. I was contemplating if I should use the other pad but I just decided to store it away and use it the next night.

Scent
It a very mild and subtle scent, which is slightly sweet but also kind of herbal.

Texture
Similar to the Cosrx pads and most cleansing pads in general, this has an embossed side and a smooth side. The pad itself is quite thin compared to the Cosrx pad.


Embossed Side
Smooth Side

Thoughts
It was quite refreshing on the skin. It did remove the remaining residue that my facial cleanser and oil did not remove. I rubbed the pad too vigorously on my skin and I started to feel a slight burning sensation on the areas close to my eyes. So, lesson learned, don't scrub your skin lol.

It was able to remove remaining dirt on my face


For the second try, I used the second pad the next morning. I swiped it gently against my face and yes, there was NO more burning sensation. Also, I didn’t read the directions given, but they did say that you shouldnt wipe around the eye area.

So, learn from my mistakes: 1. Wipe it gently across your face 2. Don’t wipe it around your eye area.


Overall
Before I started using this, I had two acne scars that were showing quite obviously on my right cheek. After using this for several days in a row, I would say that it helped to fade the acne scars. The scars aren't faded entirely, but I think if I continued using this product for the next few days or if I had used these pads in the morning and night regularly, the scars would definitely disappear.

For me, I personally use these pads only at night after I have cleansed my face entirely. My skin has been quite smooth recently and my skin condition has definitely improved from the time I was overseas. After I came back from travelling, I started breaking out quite a bit.But after using this, I would say that my skin has definitely cleared up, although not entirely. Yet, I would praise this product because I have not had any new pimples popping up all of the sudden.

Would I say that this product is similar to the Cosrx One Step Pimple Pad? 
Honestly, it is quite subjective on whether you think the Purito All-In-One pad may be similar or better. I think that the Cosrx pads improve mainly on troubled skin, but the Purito pads would definitely help too. I would recommend this Centella pad if you're looking for the healing properties as well. Centella is known for it's anti-inflammatory and healing properties, which would be great for agitated skin.

The Purito mild pads mainly promote on the centella aspect, but they do have other ingredients like tea tree leaf oil which can help with skin blemishes as well. The Cosrx pads have a stronger scent to them and smell strongly of tea tree oil.I personally like using both and I would recommend giving the Purito All-In-One Mild pad a try, especially if you're looking for an alternative.

That's all for my review and I hope that this was useful to you.
Thanks for reading and till the next post.


Stalk Me:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) | @fartingpizzza (food)
Twitter: @matchaslushie









Comments

  1. Hi, centella always is one of my fave ingredients for try Acne, sounds like an amazing product. I've have their new Low pH cleanser and it's so good. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their cleanser but it's definitely on my wishlist!!:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts