Food I Ate In Malacca | Let's Eat


I recently came back from Malacca and during my trip there I had so much good food. It was so good that I couldn't stop eating and in the end I gained 2kg from a 4 day trip. 

In order to get to some of these places, my family actually used Grab or Uber. Some places are easy to find while some where along shophouses where the road was only one way. But the ease of getting to these places also depends on the place that you are staying at. I stayed at the Holiday Inn, which was relatively near to many of these places but because of the roads, it was not that easy to get to these places. 


1. Wild Coriander Melaka
Location:  40, Jalan Kampung Pantai, 75200 Melaka, Malaysia
Opening Hours: 11am - 11pm



Wild Coriander is actually quite popular and I've seen many good reviews on it online.The restaurant itself is very nicely decorated and gives a very cozy and warm feeling. We visited this restaurant on a Thursday night and there was no queue.


The dish that I ordered was the Nasi Lemak with the Chicken Rendang. It comes with a nasi lemak, chicken rendang, half a hard boiled egg, Nonya pickles (achar), dried anchovies and sambal. This costs RM$13.90, which is equivalent to roughly SGD$4.60, which is really worth it.

For me, the star of the dish was the nasi lemak. It was honestly the best nasi lemak that I've ever tasted and it definitely taste different from the other nasi lemak that I've tried in Singapore. It had so much flavour packed in every bite and it didn't give that jelak (overwhelming) feeling.


Nasi Lemak with Chicken Rendang
RM 13.90
The chicken rendang was also good and it was actually quite spicy for me. But I still preferred eating the rice on its own because it was that good. Apart from the chicken rendang option, there's also beef rendang available.

Chicken Rendang



If you are interested in trying the different rice available in Wild Coriander, they have the "Wild Coriander Special" which serves a four different ways of cooked rice. It also has chicken rendang served with it, but a smaller portion, and half a hard boiled egg, nyonya pickles and sambal. This whole set is $17.90.


Wild Coriander Special
RM 17.90


If you are starving, you might want to order their fruit rojak as an appetiser. This came the fastest   compared to the other dishes. It was quite spicy actually but it was a good appetiser to munch on when you are waiting for your food. They also have pie tee available but, I couldn't order it as I have an allergy to seafood.


Fruit Rojak

For dessert, we ordered the Salted Egg Pandan Cake and the Kueh Ketayap. 

The Salted Egg Pandan Cake was a tad bit too salty. I think the taste of the pandan and the would have worked better together if they had lesser cream because the only thing I could taste was the salted egg cream and I couldn't really taste the pandan cake itself.



The Kueh Ketayap is freshly made. It's a sort of pancake which gula melaka inside and it's served with coconut ice cream. The pancake is warm and it's so good together with the cold coconut ice cream.

Kueh Ketayap

Overall Summary:
The food and ambience of this restaurant is really good.  I would definitely recommend the Nasi Lemak, which was my favourite.As for service, I would say it's alright. It was quite hard for us to get the attention of the server sometimes as they were quite busy.


2. Fat Bee
LocationThe Jetty, No12A, Exit Jalan Syed Abdul Aziz, Melaka, Malaysia
Operating Hours: 11am - 12am



The Fat Bee is actually located really near to Holiday Inn. It's a cafe that serves asian and western dishes. The cafe itself is decorated in a very aesthetically pleasing way.

For appetizers, we bought the Green Rendang Nachos and Truffle Fries. Both were really good and I would recommend them if you're trying out this cafe. The truffle fries arrived first and the nachos took a later time.




I ordered their pasta and I can't remember the name exactly but it was a mushroom pasta. It really had a strong mushroom taste and the pasta itself was cooked perfectly. My sister ordered the seafood pasta and the way the pasta was cooked was kept consistent.

  
As for desserts, I wasn't particularly impressed. The crusts for the desserts I bought were too hard and it was really hard to cut through it. If I had to choose, my favourite was the Kyoto Sensation because it had a strong matcha taste to it.








3. Navy Cafe
Address: 5, Jalan Hang Kasturi, 75200 Melaka, Malaysia
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm


Navy Cafe is a really quite and aesthetically pleasing. There's two levels to this cafe, but it would be advisable to go to this cafe early as there may be a queue during peak hours. The day I went, there wasn't a queue, but because the cafe was so small, it was actually quite fast to fill the place up.

The time taken for the food to arrive may differ. I think that they usually finish the orders from one table first before they move on to the next table. My table would gradually receive the food we ordered and I could always see the table next to us watching us with this longing look. So if you're really hungry, be mentally prepared for a wait. They do serve the drinks first.




I ordered the Grand B, which was RM$29.90. It came with smoked salmon, scrambled egg, sautéed mushrooms, some sausages, avocado, and some bread.




The Grand B

The rest of the dishes below were ordered by my family.

Croissant with Sautéed Mushrooms


Ham and Egg Sandwich


French Toast


4. MaMa Taste Cafe
Location:12, Jalan Hang Kasturi, 75200, Melaka, Melaka, 75200, Malaysia
Operating Hours: 11am-10pm, Monday-Sunday

Mama taste is quite popular for its laksa and curry chicken based on online reviews. During my visit there I tried out their chicken rice balls instead because I wasn't in the mood for laksa or curry. The chicken rice balls were actually smaller than I had expected and there is a minimum order of at least 5, if I remember correctly. If you are extremely hungry during your visit, I would recommend ordering the normal chicken rice plate as that took a shorter time to arrive compared to the chicken rice balls.

The rice itself was very soft and flavourful. I personally eat chicken rice just for the rice and I was thoroughly enjoying the taste of the rice itself.





Overall service:
The waiting time for each dish was actually quite long. I went there on a weekend and it was quite packed. It would be advisable to go to the restaurant earlier so that you can avoid the queue later.


I hope this post was useful to you and I hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for other non-beauty related posts but in the meantime, do check out my other posts.


Stalk Me:
Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) | @fartingpizzza (food)
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts