December Favourites (Skincare, Makeup and More) | Take My Money

I'm back with another one of my favourites list, which I'm going to try to post every month.This month I had skincare, beauty, food and drama favourites. This time I decided to combine everything into their respective categories instead of separating them as Korean and non-Korean. I don't really have much skincare and makeup favourites this month but let's get on with it:


Skincare:

1. COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toning Mist
I started using this at the end of November and it has become a part of night time skincare routine. First thing that I really like about it is how it comes in a spray bottle. It makes it convenient and easy for me to just spritz the product onto my face. Although directions do state that you should apply it onto a cotton pad, I usually don't because I waste a lot of cotton pads having to do a morning and night skincare routine.

It works well and I've seen an improvement in my skin.When I'm lazy, I would usually just use this toner and the Centella Water Alcohol Free Toner. There's lesser ingredients in this toner compared to a lot of other popular toners and it has quite a low pH. It does not irritate my skin which I was quite happy with because this was my first AHA and BHA product I've owned and I was afraid it may have been too much for my skin to handle.





2. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel With Glycolic Acid
This product is an exfoliant suitable for all skin types that creates radiant and even tone skin. This was a product I started using when I started breaking out during my examinations as it was recommended to me by my mother. It does having a subtle burning sensation when I apply it,but it works well when I have a pimple. Initially, I would use Oxy whenever I have a pimple,but that product stopped working well for me so I thought it would be okay for me to give this a shot.





Makeup:

1. Tony Moly Liptone Get It Tint Mini Trio

This has been one of my favourite go-to lip tint this month. The one that I'm using is the 02 Best Trio, which are all red shades. The shades are Red Hot, Red Joy and Oh My Rose. So far I've been liking all three shades.




Red Hot, Red Joy and Oh My Rose

Red Hot and Red Joy are quite translucent and has a very thin consistency, while the Oh My Rose shade was a more opaque compared to the other two. They do leave a stain and the stain can last for hours.




2. Innisfree Skinny Long Long Mascara

I was looking for a really "light" mascara after using the Maybelline Volume Mascara because I do feel like the Maybelline Mascara was a heavier mascara. I wanted a more natural looking mascara and the Innisfree Skinny Long Long Mascara really does the job. It is a microcara with a 2.5 mm brush diameter and it is 3.5g. I'm not sure if it is waterproof, but I think it is because I cried once when I was using it and it totally stayed intact. Currently, it retails for SGD$15 and I do think that it's quite affordable.





Movies

1. Coco

This was honestly a really good movie and I cried so much. It was super touching and every time I hear the song "Remember Me" I get super emotional and start tearing up. Sometimes I even start crying.

"Aspiring Musician Miguel, confronted with his family's ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-grand-father, a legendary singer." It has a really good storyline and I really liked the plot twists, the graphics and the soundtrack of this film.



Drama

1. It's All About The Looks | Japanese | 10 Episodes
I was looking for some Japanese Dramas to watch and I stumbled upon this show which was released this year. Watching the trailer made me feel like it was going to be a funny show so I decided to watch it and I'm already loving the first episode.I feel like this show has a very funny take on the beauty standards that we have today and it was definitely a good laugh watching this show.

It's about three women who work in a paper research company and are completely clueless about beauty and fashion. Their department gets selected to work in a well-known cosmetic company, Clairella , and they begin to research on beauty and fashion trends in order to stay in the company and continue their research.






2. Meloholic | Korean | 10 Episodes

This show sort of reminded me of "Kill Me, Heal Me". It stars Jung Yun Ho and Kyung Soo Jin. It took me awhile to realise that Kyung Soo Jin was the girl who played the ex-girlfriend of Jung Joon Hyung in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. I like the storyline of this show because it has a really good flow and I think that they played their characters really well.

Yoo Eun Ho (Jung Yun Ho) was clueless about love, but one day he suddenly had a special ability to read people's minds by touching someone else's hand. He finds out that his girlfriend had been cheating on him. Distraught, he ends up enlisting himself in the army.  Three years later, he meets  Han Ye Ri (Kyung Soo Jin) and he ends up falling in love with her because of her honesty, only to find out that she has a split personality named Han Ju Ri.











3. Secret Seven | Thailand | 13 Episodes

I've always liked thai shows and I really like this show. It's very fitting for my hopeless romantic teenage soul that lives in me.

It's a story about a girl named Padlom, who is afraid of love because she had been rejected several times in the past. She starts a new club in her school, but after her club had been approved, she finds out their club has to share a room with another club - the No-Human Photography Club, which only has 5 male members so far. One day, Padlom receives a note that a guy secretly likes her and now Padlom has to find out who it is among the seven guys in that club room.




Good Eats:

1. Brotzeit
I ate Brotzeit with my dad on the very first day of December. My meal was the Classic Berner Sausages, which for some reason, it's not on the online menu. The fries were generous. I really like their fries because they were crispy and with the right amount of seasoning. Also, I had a chance to try out their soup of the day and the ham baguette. I preferred the soup of the day compared to the ham baguette.
Klassische Berner Würstel /  Classic Berner Sausages. SGD$19.
Berner Sausages served with fries and a salad on the side.

Grilled Pork Sausages. 
Grilled Pork Sausages served with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut on the side.



2. Hoshino Coffee 
I ate at this place the night after my A Level's ended. The restaurant was really nicely decorated, but the main problem I had was that I felt that the tables were really small as I was sitting at a rounded table near the window.

I ordered the "Omu" rice and Angus Beef Steak Plate with Salad as my main. It was $18.80 and my sister and I really liked it. The beef and the omu rice was so good, but the salad was a no for me because there was this really weird white sauce on it that I didn't like. For my drink, I ordered an Ice Royal Milk Tea, which was $7.50, but it was rather disappointing as it tasted really diluted. Perhaps the Hot Ice Royal Milk Tea would have tasted better, but I'm an ardent fan of cold drinks.

For dessert, I had the Vanilla soufflé served with a custard sauce, which was $10.80. This was the first soufflé I've ever had in my life and I really really really liked it. The soufflé was able to reach a good height and it was really soft in the inside.
Vanilla Soufflé served with Custard Sauce (SGD$10.80)


That's the end of my favourites and I hope this month has been pleasant for you.
Till the next post :)

Stalk Me:
Instagram:@matchaslushie
Twitter:@matchaslushie
Email: matchaslushie@gmail.com


Comments

Popular Posts