Best of 2017: Skincare | Take My Money


2017 was full of ups and downs like every other year. But, 2017 is the year I started my interest towards Korean beauty. My interest towards Korean beauty started around mid 2017 and over the last few months, I was able to find my favourite products.

I was initially planning to let this be a really long post combining all of my favourites of the year, but I decided to split it up because it was a really long list. So, for my best products of 2017, we'll be starting with skincare. These weren't necessarily products released this year, but they were the products that I discovered this year. They are mostly products that are still retailing, so if you're interested, you could try them out at the start of 2018.



Skincare:

1. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

This is really one of my favourite sleeping masks and I've tried out three sleeping masks so far. Compared to the rest, it feels really lightweight when applied to my skin and I feel like it absorbs the fastest. I've done a review on it before and it was my very first review on this blog, so if you're interested do check it out at: Laneige Water Sleeping Mask Review.

It hydrates my skin quickly and effectively, without leaving any oily feeling. My face does not become oily in the following morning either.






2.Etude House Soon Jung pH 5.5 Relief Toner

My favourite toner that I've used this year is this Etude House Soon Jung pH 5.5 Relief Toner. I really like the design of the Soon Jung series because it's just a really simple blue and white design. But I definitely love this toner a lot because it is super hydrating and it has helped me calm down my skin's redness. The soon jung line is suitable for sensitive skin, so if you have sensitive skin and you're looking for a new toner in 2018, you should definitely try this out. 

I really do wish there was a way for me to stop it from leaking. I accidentally threw away the stopper that came with it and I realised that it would leak if I laid it flat in my drawer. Even after taking the photo for this, the paper it was on got wet.





3. Neogen Blueberry Real Fresh Foam

This facial cleanser has appeared in several of my blog posts and it's because I really like it.
I won't talk much about it here but if you are interested about my opinion, you could check my blog post on Best of Facial Cleansers.

It is a super gentle facial wash and it is very hydrating for me. It does not strip away the moisture from your face. Blueberries are a superfood as they are packed with anti-oxidants that can shield your skin from free radicals that would damage the collagen that helps to keep your skin firm and supple. Blueberries are also packed with Vitamin A, C and E.








4. Cosrx Centella Cream

Around September to October, I started having small bumps and pimples on my forehead. I tried various products to help me with this problem, but none of them really helped. I tried out the Nature Republic Centella Lime Ointment and it did not work at all for me. I was actually quite disappointed because the Nature Republic Centella Lime Ointment was pretty pricey compared to the Cosrx Centella Cream.

At that point of time, Cosrx was really gaining a lot of popularity and I kept seeing posts talking about Cosrx products. I also found out that they had this Centella Cream, and I was really inclined to buy it.When I finally bought it, I immediately loved it after the first night of application. The Centella Cream helped to calm down my bumps and it also visibly faded my acne scars.I would really recommend this product if you have the same skin issue as me.



This cream does feel quite thick and I would not recommend using it when you are going out.I usually apply it only at night because it's not a cream that can be easily blended and it is white in color so adding it on before your makeup might add an additional white cast.



5. Innisfree Orchid Eye Cream

I've been using this eye cream for the past few months and I have seen gradual improvements to the skin around my eye area. It has helped with puffiness which I really like. You only need to use a little at a time and the product is easily applied. It has a creamy consistency, yet it is rather lightweight on the skin and does not leave an oily feeling the next morning.

The area around my eye is extremely sensitive and I've tried out products that have caused my eye area to swell because it got irritated. However,this product has not agitated my skin and it's been an eye cream that has worked out well for me.




6. Cosrx One Step Pimple Pad

The Cosrx One Step Pimple Pad has received a lot of hype in recent years. I got to know about Cosrx this year and I was really interested in getting this.

The embossed side helps to gently exfoliate, while the other side helps to hydrate and improve the skin texture. I usually use this either alternate nights, but more recently I will use it only once a week. It’s good in controlling and preventing pimple outbreaks, and my skin has not been irritated by this product.





7. Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toning Mist

I used this product together with the Cosrx Centella Water Alcohol Free Toner and I really saw improvements in my skin condition. I didn't have any AHA or BHA products at first, which was what made me inclined in getting this product. It has worked out really well for me and I really like it. I can really see a difference in my skin after using it and I would  definitely recommend it.






8. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel

I talked a bit about this product in my December Favourites and I really like this product when dealing with my pimples. My mother recommended this to me because I started breaking out during my A'Levels.

The Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel is an exfoliant with a pH range of 3.5-3.9. It contains 8% Glycolic Acid and for me, it does sting when I apply it, but it is a very subtle sensation. Although it stings, this product is the most effective for me whenever I have pimples that randomly pop out. A little product goes a long way for this and I would usually apply this at night on my trouble areas.

This product helps to exfoliate and brighten the skin, as well as reduce hyperpigmentation.






9. Heimish All Clean Balm

The Heimish All Clean Balm is a highly raved oil cleansing balm and after using it, I understand the hype about it. It works well in removing stubborn makeup effectively and it is super gentle. I usually massage the product onto my face and let it sit for awhile before I rinse it off.

Initially I was scared of committing to this product because I was afraid that I would break out from using an oil cleanser, but my skin is totally fine with this product. It is really gentle on the skin and it doesn't strip away any moisture. I highly recommend this and I would definitely repurchase it again.



That's the end of my Best of 2017 Skincare products. Do stay tuned for my Best of 2017 Makeup, which will be coming up soon. Thanks for reading and have a happy new years:)


Stalk Me: 
Instagram: @matchaslushie
Twitter:@matchaslushie
Email:matchaslushie@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts