Purito Vitamin C Serum and Deep Sea Water Cream Review

Today's post will be a review on the Purito Vitamin C serum and the Purito Deep Sea Water Cream. It's pretty lengthy, so sit down, get comfy and get ready some popcorn.



ABOUT PURITO
Before this, I haven't heard about the brand Purito. They are more popular in the Korean community compared to the International community (Update: Purito has become quite a well-known figure in the international community). I figured that they might be a reasonably new brand as their Facebook page says that they opened 7th April, but they didn't state the year. I'm merely assuming that they are entirely new because they have only roughly eight products (Update: They have more than eight products now lol, and their Centella products are really popular). Their products are currently available on websites such as Eopenmarket, eBay, Amazon and EZbuy. 

One thing that struck me about this brand was that they promote to be all natural. This is visible from the ingredients of their products, which are all EWG level safe. A lot of their products claim to have either the "10 Free System" or the "15 Free System", making them quite a clean brand.

The "10 free system" and "15 free system" basically means that the products do not have harmful ingredients like parabens, artificial fragrances and ethanol and many others. Considering how the products are natural and free of harmful ingredients, you might expect that the prices of the products may be relatively steep. But that's not the case. All of their products are very reasonably priced, where many are roughly less than $20. Apart from providing products with less harmful and natural ingredients, Purito also claims to be a cruelty-free brand.

The Vitamin C serum and Deep Sea Water Cream retails roughly $16 each, but right now on Eopenmarket, there's a $6 discount. Thus, it costs about $10++. I also read that their other products like their BB cream are quite popular, but I didn't get the BB cream because I'm currently still schooling and I don't wear makeup in school.

Deep Sea Water Cream Review

I've talked quite a bit about the brand itself, so now I'll quickly move onto the review. 
Firstly, I'll be talking about Deep Sea Water Cream.


The product comes in a squeezy tube, and there's quite a substantial amount of 50g to last for several months. The packaging is rather simple and easy to use. I do not think that the packaging is very eye-catching. Personally, it looks like one of those drugstore medications for the skin. But, the simple packing is part of the brand's philosophy and how the products achieved the price that they have.

The texture is more gel-like, and a little product goes a long way. It is lightweight, and there is no sticky feeling to it afterwards. It goes on smoothly, and the cream is very hydrating. The hydration does last for several hours after applying, which is a good thing for those who always have dry skin and don't like reapplying the product several times.Plus, this would keep your skin hydrated even if you are in an airconditioned room for the whole day. This cream serves well as a moisturizer. Purito does claim that this product is suitable for those with oily dehydrated skin.

The three main ingredients in this product are the Deep Sea Water, Caulerpa Lentillifera and Laminaria Japonica. Deep Sea Water supplies moisture to the skin, removing dead skin cells and helps ease itches. Caulerpa lentillifera is such with vitamins that soften and improves the skin's resilience. Laminaria Japonica suppresses the skin and promotes skin regeneration, cell production and damage recoveries. This product has a 15-free system; hence, it is suitable for sensitive skin and acne prone skin.

Overall, the Deep Sea Water Cream feels very moisturizing and refreshing on my skin. As I've said, it isn't very attention-grabbing. I think that this product and this brand could reach out to more people, especially people from my age group if there were minor adjustments to the design. But, apart from packaging, it does what it claims.

Overall Rating for Deep Sea Water Cream:

Price: 4/5
Ingredients:4/5
Design:1/5



Pure Vitamin C Serum

Next, I'll be talking about Pure Vitamin C serum. It is a 60ml bottle and comes with a pump, which makes it hygienic and sanitary for usage. An important thing to note about this product: keep it away from direct sunlight.


This product contains 94% vitamin C and hyaluronic acid (10% vitamin C and 84% hyaluronic acid). It also contains red ginseng, hydrolyzed collagen and white flower complex. I chose this as I happened to be looking for a vitamin C serum because I really wanted to brighten up my complexion.

It claims to help brighten your complexion, fade acne scars, reduce dark circles, increase vibrancy and help with wrinkles. It also promotes to be suitable for sensitive skin, oily skin and acne prone skin because of its natural ingredients. 

The product is very runny, and I was surprised when I first pumped the product itself because a lot of it came out. Perhaps, Purito could work on this.

The actual product itself is orange colour, because of the ingredients used such as the ascorbic acid and the red Ginseng. I can't put my finger on what the smell of the product is but the first scent that hits me is an orange scent. Honestly, the scent does linger on for quite a while because I remember the first night I tried it out, the smell was still on my fingers the next morning. It has quite a thin consistency for a serum compared to other serums that are thicker and more gel-like.


Sadly, I would have to say that this product is not suitable for me. But, it's only because I am sensitive to Ginseng and vitamin C in general. I tried out another product from Face Shop before, and I ended up swelling up as the product contained Ginseng.

But it was weird because the first time I tried the product, it was okay for me. It was effortless to apply, and it was quite hydrating on the skin. But on my second and third application, I started to feel a burning and tingling sensation. However, as I said, it is because I am sensitive to Ginseng, which bummed me out because I was excited to use this. There are other reviews on this product that rave about it, which is why I feel like my experience with it does not justify the outcome.

Overall Rating:

Price:4/5
Ingredients: 3/5
Design: 1/5

While the Vitamin C serum does not work out for me, I like the Deep Sea Water Cream. I also have received samples for their Defence Barrier pH cleanser, which I will be trying out soon. I'm also excited to try out their other products like the BB cream and Snail Repair Advanced 91 Serum.


That's all for today's post, thank you for reading until all the way here :-)


Instagram: @matchaslushie (beauty) | @fartingpizzza (food)
Twitter: @matchaslushie

Comments

Popular Posts